Epilogue: Looking Back

After putting the finishing touches, Ed finally had the last photo pinned onto the pinboard that sat in the living room of the house. Proud of his work, he stood back to look at all the memories that he made with his family. Winry walked over to his side to look at the pinboard and couldn't help but smile.

"We've made a lot of memories, haven't we?" Winry exclaimed.

"We sure have Win" Ed replied, "And they were some great memories"

"They sure are" Winry said before pointing at a specific photo, "Especially that one"

The one she pointed at was one that showed the family at the beach. That day, everyone was enjoying the sunshine of the beach, but the photo managed to take a snap at something unexpected. They were playing a game of the blindfolded watermelon hitting game and after Jackson slammed the stick into it, a chunk of the rind plummeted into Al's face.

"Yeah, I was not expecting that piece of watermelon to hit Al" Ed laughed.

"At least he wasn't too mad about it" Winry replied.

"I did like that photo though" Ed pointed out.

It was a photo of the camping trip they went on. It was a lot of fun for the boys because they got to do a lot of outdoor activities together like fishing, hiking, bird watching and more. The girls stayed behind because the trip was more for a guys' relaxing time.

"I was glad you and the rest of the boys enjoyed your time" Winry exclaimed, "I didn't know if the kids would like it"

"It was an experience to say the least" Ed replied.

After going down memory lane through the photos, Ed snaked his arms around his wife and embraced her while also planting a kiss on her head.

"I'm glad I settled down with you, or else I wouldn't have these memories to hold" Ed confessed.

"I'm glad too, we get to have a family together and the two of us aren't separated anymore" Winry added. The two closed the gap between them and pressed lips against each other, relishing their moments together. However, they were interrupted by a voice from outside.

"Mum, Dad, we're here" Jackson's voice called out.

"Looks like Jack came to visit" Winry exclaimed.

"And on time" Ed said, looking at the clock.

"Better let them in" Winry said as she made her way to the front door. Ed looked back at the pinboard and smiled, settling down was the right choice after all.

Thank you for reading everyone, I'm sure you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I will be starting a new story fairly soon so be prepared for a fanfiction in the Rent-a-Girlfriend universe. So keep your eyes peeled for the next story to come by and I will see you next time. Cheerio everyone.