As soon as I got home, I threw open my front door and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once that was finished I jumped onto my bed and fell asleep, completely exhausted. Today was a long day. I deserve to sleep at 3pm.

--- two days later ---

I slouched as I stood on the subway, rubbing one of my eyes lazily. I guess sleeping for more than the recommended hours doesn't make you less tired, but more tired. I reached into my pocket to pull out my phone, only for a small hand to grab hold of mine in the middle of the action.

"What the heeee-" I realized a child was the one holding my hand, "-eeeeeyyyy? What's up, little man?"

"I saw you on TV! You were like whoosh and bam and awesome!" he fanboyed, both of his hands clutching mine now as his eyes sparkled. 

I scratched the nape of my neck in embarrassment and laughed a little, "Really? Thanks, I think I went whoosh a lot too. Have you got your quirk yet, bud?"

He shook his head quickly and said, "Nope, I will soon, though!"

"Very cool, little man. Where's your parents, anyway?" I asked, looking around for a panicked adult. I can only converse with kids for so long.

"Uh... I don't know! My mom was with me at the station. I ran in here when I saw you walk in!" he cheerily informed me.

I started sweating, "So you didn't... see her get on?"

"No. Is that bad?" he asked.

"....N-no... it's not bad... Uh.... I'm gonna take you with me when I get off, though," I explained slowly.

"What? Why?"

"We're... gonna go on a flying adventure," I told him, my cold sweats not going away. I really hope that mom is still there by the time we get back. The kid was cheering for my promise of flying while my concerns grew.

Some girl turned to me, taking an earbud out of her ear, "Can you quiet your little brothe- eh? Aren't you the third place winner of the UA sports festival?"

"Yea?" the confusion in my voice was apparent. Her tone switched really fast.

"You totally should have won the whole thing. That other guy just got lucky you stepped out of bounds," she told me, shaking her head. "You were objectively way better than them!"

I sweatdropped, "I mean, I guess? Thanks for your confidence."

"Totally. You deserve it," she assured.

"Wait you're the guy who has telekinesis?! That's a super rare quirk! It was so cool to see you use it in the matches and in the previous rounds!" a guy on the other side of me said, having caught wind of the conversation.

"I think so too!" the little kid chirped, still gripping my hand.

Just as another person turned around to say something, the doors to the subway opened. "Nice to meet you guys, I look forward to your future support!" I shouted as I picked the kid up and ran out of the train. I flew into the air with my quirk and started heading to the next station.

"Yaaaay!" the kid screamed in my ear as we flew.

"Yep, this is just great," I sighed, going as fast as I could go. If I get arrested I'm blaming this kid's mother. As if the world had brought me instant karma for that thought, it started raining in that very moment.

---

"It's different when they broadcast the matches on TV after all, huh?" Mina said. "So many people talked to me on the way here!"