3

The moment Bendy was out of sight and his footsteps were long gone, Charley was the first to shuffle out of his spot. After double-checking the room and even down the hall to make sure the demon was gone, he signalled Barely out of the barrel and together they helped Edgar back up onto the balcony with them.

"I don't want to be here any longer. Just seeing him irritated and frightened me," Barely complained. Charley nodded with him and motioned them to follow.

"Agreed. We can call the others and say doing this with just three of us is dangerous," he offered.

"But I thought we all agreed to go along with Boris' plan," Edgar asked. "Don't get the others involved unless it's urgent."

Charley sighed heavily but didn't falter in his steps. "I have a feeling he won't blame us," he muttered. His strides were quick and they followed as he made a beeline right towards the exit. "I'm just gonna call him and say that... uh, crap, what should I say?" Charley slowed to a stop once in the main room.

"That you got scared?" Barley snickered.

Charley's face grew red with anger, and he pointed an accusatory finger right at his partner. "You were the one that said seeing him frightened you!" He then pulled out a small walkie-talkie from his coat pocket and walked over to the long table to sit down. "Plus, I just feel like spending any moment longer here is gonna be the death of us," he explained.

"Then tell them that," Barley said. "More logical than a simple 'I'm scared,' don't ya think?"

"Yeah, Boris would understand that better than anyone," Charley nodded, hitting a few buttons on the controller. Just as he was close to hitting the connection button to start talking to the others, Edgar pipped in.

"A door opened back there," he quickly said. Charley froze for a moment, letting the words weigh into his brain, but he quickly dismissed it.

"Yeah, that's what doors do. They open-"

"Two, actually. One looked like the downstairs area that used to have that dartboard if I remember, and the other looked like the hallway that led to the recording stuff," Edgar finished, all the while pointing a nub towards where they just came from.

"We can check it out after I'm done calling the others, how about that?" Charley offered. Edgar looked between the both of them and then down the hall.

"Can I just look?"

Barley shook his head. "No, Bendy could've gone that way."

"How about you just look down the hall from here where we can see you. How about that?" Barley offered. Immediately, Edgar grinned and quickly shuffled over to the doorway of the hall and looked down it. While he was doing that, Charley finally hit the communication button on the walkie-talkie. "Hello?"

For a moment, there was just static and silence. Then finally a voice came through. "Hello?"

"Hey, Boris, it's me, Charley."

"Yeah, I know your voice." Barley snickered from beside Charley, and a wrist was flicked at him for the second time that afternoon.

"Well, just callin' to say that I don't think this is safe. We just saw Bendy and I don't wanna take my chances," he explained.

"..." Boris was silent for a moment, and Charley took the moment to look at Edgar. The spider's head was behind the wall, peeking out, but his lower half was still visible to them and he relaxed knowing all three of them were still accounted for. "Okay, come back then. Next time we can come with," Boris sighed. They could hear Alice speaking in the background, possibly complaining about the mere mention of the demon.