Chapter 28

*Amelia's POV*

I sat looking at my hands for a good half hour. The feeling had overwhelmed me back at that blasted place, a feeling of strength.

"Knock knock" Elijah entered the room, smiling. Obviously to make me smile. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah" I shrugged "I can't believe they killed her" I looked up to prevent any tears from coming out

"Yes I know, it's sad" he replied, placing his hand on my back "but I'm talking about what you did, to those witches"

I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes "I don't know what happened with me but look at this" I raised my arms and levitated a small glass from the bedside table "I am a vampire, I can't be a witch too" I shook my head. Smashing the glass against the wall in anger and confusion

"We will figure this out" Elijah stated "maybe start with your family tree, your ancestors and then we can go from there" he stood up and held his hand out for me to take it.

I stood up "let's get a witch first that would be a good step" I smiled, taking his hand and standing up

"I know a witch" Marcel stood at the door, crossing his arms "she's called Davina"

"I've heard that name before" I walked forward

"Yeah she's a harvest witch, very powerful" Elijah interrupted "can we see her now?"

"Yeah, I just texted her" she'll be here soon

********

"Let me have a look at this miracle witchy vampire" she smirked "I've never seen one of these before"

"Excuse me, I'm a person and not an animal" I huffed. It was the tone in her voice that made me feel like an animal

"Okay, keep still and hold this" she passed me a familiar plant that burnt me when I touched it

"Ouch, vervain?" I hissed

"Hold it by the stem" she shoved it into my hand. Talk about teen hormones. "It allows me to pass by your barriers to actually see into your life"

"Okay" I said, I didn't really need to ask questions, just needed to find out.

Davina began to chant and dive into my deepest memories. I felt violated that someone else could see inside but relieved to feel that everything will be sorted.

After some time, she stopped and I came back into reality after hours of darkness, or what felt like hours.

"Got it" she said, clapping her hands together before turning to Marcel "piece of cake"

"What is it?" Elijah stepped forward to ask

"Her mother and ancestors were very powerful witches, I mean even more powerful than your mother, the power must have burst through when she came back from the other side" she explained.

"Agh" the words didn't process in my mind because a burning pain occurred throughout my body.

"Amelia" Elijah knelt down to where I had curled up. His hand rested on my shoulder as I screamed in pain.

"Do something" Marcel shouted to Davina

"I I I can't she's too strong" Davina stuttered. Shaking her head.

The pain turned numb and my fingers began to tingle. My vision turned from a red colour to blurred and I saw a figure in the distance

"Let go" the woman said, her voice soothing and she held her hand out "just let go sweetie"

"Who are you?" I asked, Elijah and Marcel looked confused, from what I could make out "I can't let go not now"

"Come with me, you can come back" she knelt down "I'm your mother"

And with that, I finally let go, and everything went black.