Chapter One

Disclaimer: Of course, I don't own The Hobbit or the Forgotten Realms works and this work is solely for enjoyment!

Note: Here is another Middle Earth/Forgotten Realms crossover. This time, it's a "marooned" type of trope, one of my favorite tropes. It's AU as you can already tell from the presence of Dinin, and as you can also guess, it's another Dinin redemption story because there just can't be enough of those! And all my favorites from both worlds are here. Including my two OCs Asphodel and Brenna, from my Hobbit fandom days. I really needed to give Entreri some love after finishing the Servant of the Shard book recently. As usual, this story will be high on platonic love. Friendships, bromances, that sort of thing. There will be a little romance, and I may add more OCs later to further that, but for now, I want to play around with the interaction between all these characters. As usual, I write spontaneous prose, as in writing with no outline, so pay attention to the tags and warnings because they will change as the story evolves. I'll warn of any triggers as they happen as I don't know how dark this story will go, but most of my stories usually descend into darkness at some point.

Pairings: Drizzt/Ellifain, Fili/OC, Kili/OC

Warnings: lots of psychological trauma. Past abuse, past trauma, past sexual trauma and abuse (just read Entreri's bio on the wiki, it's rough),

Drizzt gasped as the truth was revealed even as he lay against the cave wall, so grievously injured. Across the room, the elf grinned as her magical disguise fell away and the drow could see her for who she truly was.

"No..." Drizzt stammered as he gasped for air even as blood filled his mouth. If he had known who it was he had been fighting he would have never found the strength to raise a blade to her. And now, they both lay dying from identical wounds.

"You are dead, Drizzt Do'Urden," the elf stammered, her voice weak as she lay where she had fallen. "My village is avenged."

"Ellifain..." Drizzt mumbled her name, the name he had been told belonged to her. He could only stare at her, he knew they had very little time left, not enough time to tell her the truth of it, to make her understand. If only he had known.

But even as he lay there, blood pouring from the slash wound across his left lung, he noticed the slight distortion behind the wall. He focused on it, eyes narrowing as he tried to shake the sluggishness of his mind.

The elf frowned as she followed his gaze. The shimmering, glowing light grew bigger, coming more into focus, spreading out across the cave wall. As the shimmering whiteness covered the entire wall, Drizzt was certain he was gazing at the afterlife. He could almost see the world beyond.

Without thinking, without a clear understanding of his own actions, Drizzt groaned and pushed himself forward, collapsing forward across the floor. He coughed, gasping and sputtering as his lungs struggled to take in oxygen. He squeezed his eyes shut as the white hot pain nearly sent him into darkness.

Somehow, with failing strength, he pulled himself up to his hands and knees and inched forward, eyes focused on the fallen form. The elf lay still, Drizzt winced as he feared she had already succumbed. But as he finally reached her, gazing over her as she lay, pale and still, blood on her lips, he reached over and pressed a trembling hand against her neck.

The very faint thump of a pulse was there, but barely. Gathering all the strength he had, Drizzt pulled the female forward, dragged her to him and tossed her limp form across his own shoulders. The weight of her body on top of his nearly caused him to falter, but he couldn't give up.