Chapter 2: The Boy with the Yellow Rose

"What's your Wilbur like?" Tommy was leaning against the pole on the train thinking thoughts when he asked the question.

Almost all the Tommys looked his way, some looking upset while others smiled. Apparently almost every Tommy had a Wilbur.

Flower haired Tommy turned and grinned at him.

"Wilbur was the best," he sighed. "I mean, before I died he kinda was acting a little strange and blew up a whole valley with hundreds of soldiers, but he was great before all that." Toms smile faltered. "I really hope he's ok. I-I want him to live a good life, even without me."

The two were silent.

"To be honest that sounds similar to when my Wilbur blew up our nation." Tommy paused, "You know my Wilbur is gone right?"

The younger Tommy nodded. "I'm really sorry about that. A lot of us lost Wilbur before we died."

"At least he's still alive in your world," Tommy said encouragingly.

Suddenly a thought crossed his mind. His brother. Was it possible...?

"Has anyone," Tommy started but couldn't finish the sentence.

"No," Theo inturupted harshly. Tommy started and turned to the masked version of himself. He wasn't sure if anyone had been listening. He had hardly talked with Theo in the time he had been there.

"I haven't seen Wilbur since he died. The train never stops, and the only people who ever appear are more of us." The bitterness was evident on Theos voice.

"Why are we even here then? What's the point!?"

"Hey, it's not so bad!" The flower haired Tommy said indignantly. Though maybe he was just trying to convince himself of that. He rested his hand on Tommy's shoulder.

"No! It fucking sucks!! I miss Tubbo!!"

Suddenly dozens of eyes landed on him.

Shit.

Avian Tommy poked his head out of his wing where he had been resting and glared at him. Theo growled at him with anger.

"He exiled us!!" Avian Tommy yelled. "I'm dead because of him exiling me!"

"He killed me!!" Theo screeched in fury. "How can you be so fucking stupid and actually make up with that traitorous bitch!?"

Tommy's heart filled with anger. It had been hard to forgive Tubbo but he had done it! Sure things were a bit rocky, but they were best friends! His other half! How dare they accuse his decision.

"Maybe it was a good thing he killed you then!" Tommy snapped furiously at Theo. "Seeing as what you turned into," He spat viciously.

Abruptly, Theo lunged at Tommy, pinning him to the ground. He raised his arm about to punch him in the face, but then suddenly, it wasn't Theo, it was Dream.

Bloody fist raised to his head

Yellowed teeth shinning in the lava light

A twisted wicked grin

A harsh and bitter laugh as he kicked Tommy in the stomach

"How about you go see him then?"

"-et off him!" Someone was yelling. Tommy breathed in and out and panicked more when he couldn't feel his own beating heart. Then he remembered. He was dead. He wasn't in the prison anymore. At least the one good thing about death was the fact that Dream could never hurt him again.

"Tommy, are you ok?" His own voice rang through his ears. He opened his eyes to see Tom Simons leaning over him.

Tommy nodded numbly, slowly sitting up.

"Idiot," The flower haired Tommy was saying to Theo. "He told you exactly how he fucking died! Of course punching him in the face would give him a fucking panic attack!!"

Tommy dragged himself back into his seat on the train bench closing his eyes. He felt someone sit next to him and gently lean on his shoulder. His eyes popped open and saw the younger Tommy resting his head on his shoulder.

"What?" Tommy asked, his eyes meeting the younger's. When he got no response he asked, "Why do you keep coming back to me? I can take care of myself, you know. You should be more worried for yourself."

The flower haired Tommy was silent for a moment, then looked back.

"You remind me of my Wilbur, I guess," he mumbled, seeming embarrassed.

Tommy snorted. "I don't think I'm much like Wilbur.

I will never be like Wilbur, never.

"He always seemed so mature and knew what to do."

The younger one smiled and nodded. "You're right about that I guess. But he also cared. Not many of us do. So many of us are so broken, and you are too, but you talked to me. You actually were nice when usually they all just ignored me."

"Oh," Tommy said, surprised and a little warmed to hear it.

He noticed the flower haired Tommy seem to scrub at his eyes for a second. Was he crying?

"I-i miss Wilbur," he choked out. "I'm so scared for him. I didn't want to leave him alone." He went silent and turned away from Tommy.

Tommy's heart lurched. He missed Wilbur too. More than he would like to admit. Wilbur had hurt him, abused him, and caused him so much pain, but long before that, he had been a loving and caring brother. He missed the old Wilbur. They'd had to live on their own after Philza went off with Techno to help him stop the voices. It had been hard, but they'd been together.

"I miss him too," Tommy said quietly. He hesitated for a second, then pulled the younger one gently into a hug. At first he felt the other pause, then he buried his head into Tommy's shoulder.

They sat like that for a while. Holding each other, thinking about their old lives and their families. But slowly Tommy realized, with this bright little sun haired version of himself, maybe, he could heal. Not fully, never fully, but maybe he could find peace with himself.

Notes: Yup I posted this earlier than I said. Too bad! I'm impatient. And Yes!! The traumatized Tommys have hug time! They both deserve it. Also, sorry for the short chapter. I wanted to really show just how long Tommy spends in his In-Between. The next chapter will move the plot along quite a bit so be prepared for some angst!