09: The Avatar State

En başından başla

"I love you."

"I love you more."she responded before she pulled away from me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

I walked down stairs and noticed Aang staring off at the distance which made me walk towards him.

"Together?"I asked as I walked towards him with open arms.

"Together."he said as he hugged me tightly.

"Welcome to the family, Xai."Katara said as she hugged me tightly which made me smile and nod my head.

"Thank you."I responded as I placed my hand on Appa making him lick my face, I squealed in shock before I water bended his spit off my body.

"He likes you."Aang responded making us all chuckle before I rubbed Appa's forehead.

We boarded the ship provided us and when the night struck I was fast asleep.

"Welcome Avatar Aang and Avatar Xai. I am General Fong and welcome to all of you great heros."he began with enthusiasm as I stretched my arms out.

"Appa, Momo. Brave Sokka, The Mighty Katara."he continued as he stood infront of us.

"Mighty Katara? I like that."Katara smugly said, I smiled and bowed politely and the general but I stood up straight once I heard the familiar sounds of fireworks.

"Wow."I said in amazement as I looked at the fireworks.

"Come in, come in."General Fong said as he walked us into the building, I looked around the big building in awe as I saw the Earth Kingdom symbols.

"Take a seat."

"Avatar Xai and Aang. We were all amazed about all the story of how you both single handed took down the fire navy at the North Pole. I can't imagine what it feels like to have such devastating power. It's alot of responsibility."he said as he stroked his beard.

"Well I try not to think about it too much."Aang said politely as he gave him a smile.

"What about you, Avatar Xai? I've heard that you and your mother escaped from the fire nation. What did it feel like to be in the enemies territory?"he asked as he looked at me curiously.

"You were born in the Fire nation?"Katara asked in shock as she looked at me.

"Yes, I was. I was too young to understand what power I actually had, nobody in the fire nation knew besides General Iroh, my mother and former Fire Lady Ursa."I explained as I looked down at my finger tips.

"I see. You are both ready to face the fire lord now."General Fong said which caught me off guard.

"No, of course not. We still not master all four elements."I said as I looked up at him with confusion.

"Why? With the power you both possess. The power to take down hundreds of battle ships in a matter of minutes. You both can defeat the fire lord now."he demanded as he stood up from his chair which made me frown.

"We can only do those things when we're in our Avatar state. We aren't ready."I explained as I leaned forward and tried to calm down.

"See the avatar state is whe--"

"I'm well aware. Your eyes glow and in your case Aang your tattoos glow as well and you summon unbelievable power. We would be slaughtered before we reach their shore without you both. If you both lead the way we could take them down."he explained after interrupting Aang.

"With all due respect General, we have no idea how we could tap into the avatar state. It isn't easy."I said as I looked down at Aang who nodded his head.