The Jock and The Nerd.

Start from the beginning

See the secret that these other girls don't know is that me and JJ are highschool sweethearts. We are basically soulmates. We did everything so that we would be together in university too. So when JJ got his scholarship in sports for Manchester University, I too enrolled myself here and moved along with JJ and Simon who was also my best friend.

I just smiled and gave him a kiss before hugging him and resting my head on his well defined chest.

"How did you find me here anyway?" I asked him.

"Where else would you be?" He laughed as we pulled apart and went to sit at the table hidden from the rest of the library.

Me and JJ have kept our relationship private as I didn't want others to know about our private life and it is so much fun seeing all the popular girls drool over the guy they can't have. Also I didn't want to be the center of attention everywhere at Uni, I just wanted to do my course to the best of my ability and go back to my shared apartment with JJ , Simon and Talia and live my life normally.

JJ doesn't know about Brittney and her gang troubling me though because if he did, he would lose his temper and I didn't want that.

We sat down next to each other and started talking about the most random stuff. Just being with JJ made me happy so this private time was the best way I could ever spend my lunch.

Soon our time together was spoiled by that annoying voice again.

"JJ what are you doing in the library." Brittney smiled showing her whittened teeth.

"And what are you doing with this nerd." She said as she scowled at me as her entourage joined her.

I felt JJ tense up next to me hearing her words but I spoke up first before he lost his cool.

"Well I was helping JJ with his English project." I said.

"Well JJ I can help you with that , you could have come to me." She said as she sat down next to us.

"Well he would if he wanted to fail." I whispered which caused JJ to giggle.

"Well I have places to be. Thanks for the help Ava." JJ said as he got up and left but not before shooting me a wink.

The girls turned towards me and they looked like they could kill me.

"Stay away from him." Brittney spoke as she stood up and glared at me.

I just nodded so that they would leave me alone and I could get some work done. I don't know what they would do if they knew JJ was my boyfriend.

I just shook my head and got back to my book.

The rest of the day went pretty normally except the stares I received from almost every girl in my class. I guess Brittney must have told them.

As soon as classes finished I ran back to my car and got back to my apartment as soon as possible. I knew I would be alone for a while because JJ usually comes back later due to his football stuff.

She prepared herself and her flatmates some energy drinks and placed theirs in the fridge and sat down with hers on the couch and started to watch some Netflix.

Soon Talia came back and she looked pissed off.

Talia was one of the only girls in my class I actually liked when I first joined because unlike some of the girls she valued personality over looks. I was overjoyed when she and Simon started dating her and brought her into our little group.

"I hate Brittney so much." She spoke as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"Welcome to the club sweetheart." I said as I laughed.