Chapter two; Hibiscus tea; I can't tell if it's sweet or sour.

---------------------------------------
        “Hi mom. Hi mom.” Ranboo walks into the tall, brooding victorian-style rundown house. For just two hundred thousand, his parents had no other choice- they didn't want an apartment, they wanted their son to have the best new start ever.
        His biological mom, Venetta, rushes to hug him, she was always the sweet one. His other mom- someone Venetta got with after the divorce, was Genn, who was always looking out for Ranboo, and honestly was a huge nerd playing DND online every saturday.
        “So how was it?” Genn asks as Venetta takes Ranboo’s backpack and puts it on the dining table. “Make any friends?’

        Ranboo goes to sit at the table, with a sigh.
        “Oh I know that face! Venetta laughed as she crouched down to her son (she was unbelievably tall,) “ What's wrong boy?”

        The teen stammers. “Well- nothings wrong! It's just- a boring saying that's all. I'm more nervous because-”

        “Because what?” Genn interrupts.
        “Well...i have a friend…” His voice becomes smaller with a half lie. “And I was wondering...if I could...hang with him tomorrow at nine? I promise I'll be home by eleven pm!”

        A pause.
        An even longer one.
        “Of course sweete!” Venetta shouts, she was the one who was pestering and arguing with ranboo about him needing a friend since he was always lonely. “What's his name? What's his mom's name? Where does he live?”
        Taken with surprise, ranboo blinks. “Ah- well, his mom is the principal and his dads the art teacher. He keeps telling me he lives in the same neighborhood, just in the weird colorful house two blocks down? You know, the one with the crows everywhere.”

        “Oh! I'm so happy! My son is finally not lonely anymore! Venetta yelped.
        “Okay ven, calm down,” Genn says with a chuckle. “You're gonna overwhelm the poor boy.”

        “Oh no it's okay Ma-” Ranboo was red with embarrassment. Afterall, since nobody but Wilbur had the courage to talk to him, Ranboo didn't have any friends beforehand. “I don't have any homework.” He picks up his backpack, and starts to head upstairs- into his room, which was located in the tower study (one of his favorite things about this house) and had been atop some spiral steps. Though, his mom venetta stopped him.
        “Oh cmon, you're gonna go in your room and act like nothing happened? Let's get you ready for tomorrow! You can barely wake up at ten!”

        “Alright, mom.”

______________________
        Ranboo awoke at seven am, unfortunately, and took his parents because his alarm clock was always “broken”. They had forced him to wear the most fancy clothes ranboo had that were casual- a brown sweater vest with a (embarrassingly) red bow, white undershirt, black jeans and activity tennis shoes- and had given him a brown satchel filled with emergency items and pastries. And by they, Ranboo means his mom Venetta, who was always ecstatic- he didn't mind, after the divorce Venetta was her gloomy self, until Genn came along.
        “Isn't this a little over the top?” Ranboo says as Genn was the one who styled him. (definitely not after fantasy fiction, oh no, not at all.)

        “Over the top?” Genn asks. “ Over the top would be me putting you in the clothes I could if I could have millions!”

        Ranboo giggled softly.” Yeah, I guess that's true.”

        “Now- go on, your mom’s going to drop you off at Wilbur’s. Don't be rude alright?”
        “I promise.”

        Ranboo runs downstairs, out the door and into the driveway- his mothers would usually never drop him off somewhere since they worked almost full shifts. He didn't want to rush, but then again, he wouldn't want to piss off mother dearest.
        He approaches the black car- a junk car to be exact- and hops into the passenger seat next to the drivers. Vennetta smiled- brightly- she always had the sinking realization her child was growing up, so seeing him do such childish things like a potential sleepover made her feel younger. (Going over to the friend's place wasn't the childish thing she laughs at, it was the fact they were able to dress Ranboo up and have him meet a highschool friend.) With a small chuckle, reminiscing about how Ranboo used to always get in the car upset and crying about friends and how this time he wasn't, Venetta started the car with a twist of the key- and backed out the driveway.
        The Soot family house wasn't too far off from their house.
        By the time Venetta had dropped off ranboo, it was precisely nine am, Venetta was proud about that as she waved goodbye.
        Ranboo had a crooked smile, and turned around to face the house- painted bright pale yellow with crows surrounding the property. He gulps and thinks to himself again, this was worth my mom's smiles.
        He was nervous- of course, as he stood alone on the huge yard in front of him. He looks at the cars and remarks how they look nice, and he looks at how the windows were not smudged, and even notes how the grass was greener. Ranboo was surprised- how was Phil and Kristin so well off? The house wasn't even as big as his, it was a ranch style home, he didn't think he would be impressed at a closer look. Ranboo was even surprised about the fact Wilbur seemed to have a little blond brother that was playing games in a room on the far left side. The window was clear to see- he wasn't bothered, Wilbur seemed to be a big brother.
        Shivering in the constant cold air of this state, Ranboo looked at the windows, and saw the silk curtains move. He stood still, honestly, he didn't know what was going to happen. On a whim, had he decided to go ghost hunting with a total stranger, all because his mom said he needed friends.
        The expensive ivory door swings open- and something else dashes out.
        “Ranboo!” Wilbur says, dressed in a brown, aesthetic leather jacket. He runs out, with a small backpack, and only stops when he's mere inches away from the teen. ‘ You showed up!”

        “Unfortunately.” Ranboo mumbled to himself, not wanting to make the excited tall-child in front of him falter. “ Where are we going?” He says with a sigh.
        Wilbur’s smile was wider than before.”We're going to the Lmanerg forest!” He shelves his hand into his bag, and with a ruffle, he brung out a large, large map of the forest that was just north of the town they lived in, and took almost sixty percent the state of essempe. “Our town literally is at the edge of it, it's like...five minutes away!maybe. I just got my driver's license.”        Willbur had a phone in his other hand, and one finger pointed to the town that bordered the Lmanberg forest.
        Ranboo could feel his posture turn flat. Of course, out of every old abandoned building this town held, Wilbur chose a huge national forest to bring a strange child too. “Why did I even come?” He huffs, thinking back to the probably teenage boy. “Couldn't you have brung a family member if you really have no brave friends?”

        Wilbur grunted. “Mom and dad are busy and no, no other family members live in essempe. “ Obviously, had the same reaction as Ranboo did to him questioning ranboo’s house. “You've become so sassy five minutes in. Will this friendship be fruitful?”

        “Shut up.” Ranboo skowled, and brushed off the little brother- perhaps, Wilbur didn't like him.
        “Whatever you say, mr.boo. Let's go! I got a full tank so we'll be there in no time!”

        Ranboo groans again. He forgot that WIlbur was driving age.
        He looks at the car, the sleek, green car that was probably a honda. (he wouldn't know, car brands are hard to remember.) “this car?”

        Wilbur nods. “Cmon, I aced my driver's test, no need to worry.” He flips his hair, obviously thinking he knew what he was talking about. “ I've been to the Lmanberg forest like, fifty times beforehand. Granted it was short and I was alone, but I guess it still counts.”

        The taller, dirty blonde teen, had sighed again. He had awkwardly stepped into the car passenger seat, Wilbur jumping to the driver's seat, swinging the keys on his finger as he closed the door and started the car.
        “Cmon, it's not gonna kill ya to trust me. Think of me as, like, your big brother or something!”

        And for a second, Ranboo could swear that early morning hibiscus tea was coming back up.

_________
Explanation for ranboo's situation here:its based off my situation, were there nice things,maybe alot,but the whole thing isnt glamorous. Also, the moms thing was just something I liked.