Trail of Reckoning

Börja om från början

The Skytower is apart of a rich association, so Y/n would think to wear something nice, right? No. It wouldn't matter. He wanted her. He needed her. This was gonna be one of his many attempts. He planned ahead just for this. Knowing you probably wouldn't except right away.

A ding from the elevator grabbed few guests attention, while others only just saw as Y/n walked out. A diamond necklace, blood red dress, and pearl bracelet. The diamonds complemented the sparkle in her eye as she walked forward to Mikey.

"You seem surprised." Running a hand through his soft hair, Y/n smiled. Something to him felt different. This smile, it was more bright. It didn't hold any sadness behind it. "To say the least. Even more glad you somehow chose the same colors as me." Shrugging her shoulders Y/n picked up the priceless menu.

She glanced up from the menu noticing Mikey's stare never wavered. "Mikey?", Calling out his name he reluctantly answered. "Yes?"

"Your staring Mikey." She whispered. "How can I not when your infront of me?" Y/n kept herself from smiling. He was doing well. He hadn't messed up yet. She was sure that even if he did he had more to bring to the table.

"Hello welcome to Skytower, how may we treat the lovely couple?" It was useless to deny, they had been matching in everything, but understanding. As Mikey ordered, Y/n lowered her menu slowly watching the way his lips moved and his slight smirk whenever he made the waitress blush.

She couldn't tell if he was doing it on purpose either. He was the only one she couldn't read. "And for the..um lady?" Y/n turned away, her hair rolled into a french bun as her needle like bun holder showed. She let out chuckles that could come off as coughs and Mikey got the gist pulling the waitress to him slowly.

"Shell have what i'm getting." He answered. "Of course sir. Anything else?" Mikey shook his head no as she finally gave one last look towards Y/n, who returned the stare wth a spiteful grin.
Mikey didn't know whether to feel happy or stick with the plan.

"Dinner's for sure gonna be interesting." He mumbled loud enough for Y/n to hear. "Im not doing this for your entertainment. I just dislike disrespect, from strangers." Mikey smiled a bit, folding his hands together and leaning forward.

"I love...", Y/n felt her heart pound from her chest, warmth spreading through her body, "the view, don't you?" Mikey asked, as Y/n finally calmed down. "Yeah, its amazing." Y/n said, noticing the trap she put herself in. "She really is." There it was.

This moment was nothing compared to the futures she had been to. Enduring this seemed like the easiest thing to do. "Its unorthodo-.." The elevator dinged loudly again as Chifuyu. takemitchy, Hina in her wedding dress, and Hakkai walk in.
"Mikey!" Draken called out. Turning towards the elevator, Mikey only stared.

Y/n stood up, getting ready to leave, her half finished steak still on the table. "Sit down.",Mikey didn't move. His hands clasped tightly together."Mikey they ne-", Y/n was cut off. "Sit. Down." Slowly sitting back down Y/n sighed.

The others took this as a reason to come forward, instead of speaking outside. They surrounded the table, Takemitchy pulled over a chair for Hina to sit in, and everybody else was told to leave.

"What is it Takemitchy?" Mikey asked, not as full of emotion as when he spoke of Y/n. "Its you. The reasoning for all of my time leaps. For all of it. It was you. Y/n was apart of it as well because of her connection with Baji.

Baji had given all his hopes and dreams to her. Including when he wanted her to meet us. That reference, was first hate. But now. She sees it. She can see the admiration, she can see the hope for your survival. The whole point of our time leaping, was to save you. And, the sad part is..you have to want it for yourself.

Everything that happened in the past, it all happened to you. You noticed that haven't you? That's why your so intrigued with Y/n, she's the only calculation, or subject that stays the same. She's there forever.

Your hope for Y/n to stay woth you, so your not alone anymore. And your view of Shinchiro towards me, even if not complete. That's what's giving us the ability to travel. Your the goal that we never fully understood."

After Takemitchy's speech it was silent. Because, everyone was fully trying to understand these accurate facts. "So what are you saying? What was the reason for you to come here?" Mikey asked.
"The only way this can pass. Is for you to let go. And accept the past like Y/n and Draken-kun. Th-",

Bam

Mikey's hand hit the table as he stood up. "I can't. I grew up with everyone. I tried so hard, for so long to build up something, not just for me but for everyone. And what happens?", Mikey's hand curled into fists. "First Shinchiro, then I almost lost Ken-chin, Baji, Emma, Izana. I lost everything, just to give to everyone else!"

Throwing down his napkin Mikey looked towards Y/n. "I still couldn't bring myself to blame anybody but me. If I had never done anything, taken over. Things would be different."

Takemitchy [the prophet], only stood silently. He had said everything he wanted to say. It was done. Mikey charging towards the elevator went to step inside. "Mikey! Wait!" Not even hesitating. Y/n ran after him into the elevator.

The doors closed as it began to move. "You didn't need to follow after me." Mikey fixed his tie using his reflection, and wiping his tears. "I care about you. And. i wan to help you out of this cycle of, pretending to be happy and satisfied, then breaking down when you feel your suffering." An idea popped into Y/n's head recalling her time of darkness.

Her trail of reckoning.

"Mikey..", the elevator doors opened as they walked out through groups of rich people. Taking Y/n's hand in his, Mikey led her through the crowd. "..you were saying?" Y/n leaned forward till her forehead was on his shoulder. "Let's go on a vacation. Just me and you." Mikey didn't seem apposed as he laid his hand to rest on the back of her head, running his hand along her hair calming her down

"I don't know when I started loving you. But. i have this strong gut feeling, you were confused on it as well.", Getting on one knee Mikey smiled at the woman Infront of him,  leaving Y/n confused, as Mikey kept speaking. "Even after I betrayed you, and suggested you'd be better off without your memories, I knew.

It was just the thought of losing you. It made me feel like suffocating and crying out for air. But, pushing you away was losing you." Taking out a box from his pocket as others gathered around, Mikey opened the ring box.

"This is my promise to you. To never leave. To never falter with my emotions and display them in a manner to indanger you. I promise, for as long as I can live, to remind you in every way. That I fucking love you, Senjikuro Y/n."

"W-wait, what about helping you wi-", The desperate stares from by-standers made her heart ache. "This. You. All of you, that's the only thing I need." Mikey answered. "Manjiro.." getting onto her knee as well, Y/n slid the ring on her own finger.

"I do." she whispered, as everyone saw his eyes light up, for the first time in a while, they lit up. "I love you, Manjiro. We'll do this together. Outside of my favorite dress." They both giggled, as they got off their knees.

"I love you too, Y/n."