Chapter 2

She left the tall, lavish hotel and walked into a dark alley across the street between two old apartment buildings. She crouched and jumped, her powerful legs launching her to the roof of the building. She began to run and jump across the cities rooftops until she came to the Red Light district. Her employer was an idiot but at least he knew where the guy would most likely be.

She stepped off the roof and landed silently on the sidewalk. The garish neon signs illuminated the streets and she soon found the victim's favorite establishment. She entered into the atmosphere of dull lights, smoke and pulsing music in the background. She approached the front desk where a sleepy eyed young girl was sitting, covered by a shawl.

"Is a Mr.Langdon in this building at the present time?" She asked. The girl looked up from her computer. Her half-closed eyes suddenly looked much more awake.
"Y-Yes madame. H-He's upstairs, on the fifth floor, n-north corner room." She pointed a shaking hand at a wide staircase near the door. Innes nodded.
"Thank you for your assistance." She said, throwing a coin over her shoulder as she stalked towards the stairs.

She ran up to the fifth floor and located his room . She couldn't sense or hear anyone else in the room besides him. He was alone. Perfect. She opened the door. Langdon was standing in front of the window, his face away from her.

"Mister Alex Langdon?" She sang, making her voice sound high, young, and human.
"Finally! Which beauty will I have tonight?" He said, beginning to turn to face her.
"No peeking! You have to guess!" She giggled, nearly gagging. He better have something good. He laughed.
"Hm....Katie! Or perhaps maybe Brittany?" He guessed. She moved slowly towards his slim profile
"Wrong answer." She said in his ear, her voice unchanged, gravely and alien.

"I-What?" He spun and she stabbed the fork into the side of his neck. He gasped, feeling the thing protruding there.
"Who are you?" He screamed as he tried to move back. He fell backwards onto the bed.
"Nobody you should be concerned with." She answered, calmly pulling the fork forward and out. Blood sprayed from the wound and gurgled from his lips. He tried to say something else, but collapsed. She checked his pulse. Dead.

She pulled an old Polaroid camera out. "Say cheese." She muttered. She snapped a picture of the corpse.