Part 2

It was only when she started to
go to school that she first started asking. I picked her up and for the wholeeee car journey she looked like she wanted to ask something, but then didn't. Perhaps cause she was scared what my reaction would
be. Eventually I heard her small voice from
the back of the car.

"Mommy?" She asked quietly.

"What is it Luce?" I replied, listening but trying my best to concentrate on driving. I had my permit but honestly I didn't exactly remember all the rules.

"Why don't I have a daddy?" She asked suddenly. I froze, nearly driving off the road, as I slammed my foot on the brake, earning a lot of car horns beeping at me. It wasn't like I wanted to hide Lucy's father from her, but I knew that if she knew, when she was older she'd want to meet him, and then i'd have to tell him she existed and I didn't know how he'd react.

"Your daddy?" I repeated, and she nodded happily. She was always happy, a trait she also inherits from her father.

"Well Lucy, you don't need a daddy, you have two mommy's." I told her truthfully to which she frowned.

"I love having two mommy's" She began slowly.

"But Abigail told me that all children have to have a Mommy and a Daddy. It's science." Lucy finished giving me a rather sassy look of disbelief. There's that attitude I was talking about.

"How about I tell you about it later? I'll buy you ice cream?" I told her to which she leaned her head to one side clearly thinking.

"Okay!" She giggled happily, as she started dancing to the music in her booster seat. At least she seemed to have forgotten about that subject for a while. At least until I could talk to Ivy about it, and
have her help me deal with it. Aka, deal with it for me.

Once Lucy was all settled and in bed that night, I finally could discuss it with Ivy. Lucy had thankfully seemed to have forgotten my promise I made to her earlier in the day, and didn't ask again.

"Hey Ive, um, Lucy, she asked about him today." I told her quietly. Ivy froze as she looked at me seriously.

"What did you say?" Ivy said, quickly taking a seat next to me.

"I told her that she doesn't need a daddy cause she has two mommy's to which she said she was happy about, but then she started going on about how Abigail said that everyone has a mum and a dad, it's science." I ranted, slightly. Ivy snorted at that, bursting out laughing as I gave her a 'your not helping' look, and she stopped giving me a sympathetic smile.

"I think you should just tell her that her father is a bad man, and that's why she can't see him. I think she's old enough to understand." Ivy said quietly, stroking my hair softly.

"I guess you right." I nodded, starting to get more and more nervous as to how Lucy would react.