I could see the anger etched in her face at my word's but I was done dealing with this. Zoe slipped from her stool and spoke very tightly yet calmly as she allowed her finger to trace a grain of wood on top of the bar. "You should really get over all of the family business stuff. While you're running from him like the scared kitten that you are, no matter how tough your word's are underneath your scared, you're going to miss out on something great. Duel would never harm you or allow any harm to come near you. In fact I'm certain he'd give his life for you. But by all means stay hidden away and deny your own feelings for him. Continue on not forgiving him for thing's that was beyond his control and trying to shield you from his true identity. Go ahead and settle for a less than stellar love and when your old and miserable just know that you could have had the love of a Harper".

As Zoe turned to retreat I screamed at her back. "Get the fuck out".

I hated to admit that most of what she said hit on the truth. Zoe turned and shot me that wicked smile. "Oh, and to answer your second question, locks are only a minor inconvenience to a Harper. You should already know that. You have a nice, empty life now, okay?"

As the door closed behind her I hurled. "I hope you get ran over by a bus".

Too angry to finish my watermelon, I stashed it away in the fridge and threw myself down on the couch. Trying to find any escape from my angry mind I flipped on the television. Flipping through the channels, I stopped on the local news. Why? I don't know. I faintly listened as they discussed the usual.... Politics, dead bodies discovered and the opening of a new business. However my ears perked up at the mention of snow.  A blizzard was forecasted to come in overnight. Inwardly I groaned as I hoped it wouldn't move in until I was off of work. The last thing I wanted was to end up walking home in this. If it gets too bad all public transportation stops and they say the snow can be so dense that you can easily get lost especially if you aren't too familiar with the city.

Jensey tried to persuade me to call in tonight but my bank account suggested otherwise. On my way to work the skies were already turning a angry shade of grey and the wind bit right through my coat. Upon arriving to work I instantly regretted my decision and wished I had listened to Jensey. I was hoping to get out of here early but we were shorthanded. Most of the employees called out due to weather and we was busy. It seemed some people started their party early before the storm hit. I quickly got to work and a few hour's had zipped by as I helped the few employees catch up on orders. I hadn't noticed that the snow had started sooner rather than later and by this time it was nearly ankle deep. Our boss allowed a couple of employees to leave but I wasn't a lucky one. Some of the patrons had trickled out but a few still graced the bar. I secretly wished that the owner would use common sense and close early but a dollar was a dollar. It was just after midnight when the last guest left and close to one by the time we had everything clean and closed up. The owner was going to hunker down there for the night and offered for me to join him but that felt just too strange. Bidding him goodbye I stepped out into the icy mayhem. Snow swallowed me up to my knees and I was glad that I had brought my snow boots with me. The wind was strong and blew the snow in all for interfering with my vision. After about ten minutes of walking the street and building lights flickered off. I assume the storm has caused a power outage. Now with less light to guide my way I had to slow down. Buildings and street signs started to look unfamiliar as the snow clouded most of my vision. It was if I was caught in a dust cloud. Digging my phone from my pocket I dialed Jensey with trembling, cold hands. "No, no, no". I squealed as I had no signal. The snow was too dense and was interfering.

Taking a moment to search out my surroundings I noticed how alone I was on these street's. Normally it's bustling with cars and honking horns, rowdy, drunk groups of friend's and the occasional flirtatious laughter of a couple but not tonight. No, everyone was tucked in safely in their warm homes. Taking off in the direction I believed to lead me home I tried not to think about how cold I was. My teeth were chattering and I could feel the wetness of the snow begin to seep through my coat and pants. Out of shear desperation and panic of becoming a corpse sickle I started trying to open random building doors. If I could just sit in the lobby until this passed I'd be okay. However every door I tried was sealed up tight and there was no door attendant in sight.

Cold tears begin to stick to my cheeks as I realized I was doomed. I could see tomorrows news headlines in my mind... "Idiot girl was found frozen to death in the streets simply because she didn't listen to her friend and call in to work."

Deciding to try another door I begin to cry and scream in frustration as I found it locked as well. Banging my numb fist against the glass, I sunk down into the snow and cried. I'm not certain how much time passed but I felt myself being shoved aside by the door opening. A group of men dressed in all black encircled me. I could make out the glint of guns in their side's. I knew I was somewhere I shouldn't be. "Please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hang on the door. I'm trying to make it home but for lost in the snow. I'm so cold but I'll move along now".

I tried to pull myself up from the snow as the men spoke in a language I would assume to be Italian. Making to my knees I heard a familiar voice. "Back the fuck up off of her. She's safe".

I was instantly heffted up into warm arm's. My eye's connected to his face and from my fear and range of emotions I wrapped my arm's around his neck and buried my face into his chest. I immediately felt his grip tighten on me. I then whispered something I hadn't whispered in year's. "Trouble".

1.   Should Shelley have handled the confrontation with Zoe better or did she have every right to lash out?

2. Could Zoe secretly want them together?

3.  Will Zoe and Shelly always be threats to each other?

4.  Could this lead to anything now or is Shelley just reacting from almost freezing to death?

5.  What are the chances that it was the Harper's building that she ended up at (hahaha).