Bonus: Competition

a/n: this happens after chapter 2

~~~~~

"Okay class, today, for our first activity, we'll be drawing. Please line up so we can go to the playground for the activity." The rest of you stand up, your hands pushing your skirt down as you start lining up with the rest, your hair swishing around as you silently wait for the teacher to let you out. But then, you feel yourself being pushed forward. Your hands make contact with the person in front of you while trying to steady yourself.

"Sorry. I got pushed." You apologized quickly before turning around. You huff when you see your friends Manjiro and Keisuke pushing each other.

"Hey, don't push me around too. If you're going to fight, do it away from me." You whisper to them, chubby hands making contact with their cheeks as you push them away from each other. The moment your hands make contact with their skin, they let go of each other, giving each other a glare before going to either side of you, each of them taking a hold of your hands.

Trapped in the middle, you silently stood there, thinking of what to do in order to get away from the trap that they put you in.

Thankfully, the teacher noticed your little predicament. Making her way to your little group, she crouches down, gentle hands placed on your friends' shoulders. "Now, now, Manjiro-kun, Keisuke-kun. Didn't I tell you to line up? You won't be able to go to the playground if you don't line up." She tries to convince the two boys but it seems that they've got their minds set on something.

Manjiro shakes his head before giving Baji a little glare. "No miss, I need to be next to Y/N 'cause if I don't then stinky Baji will take her." The insulted male growls at Manjiro's words, his hand tightening around yours as he slightly tugs you closer to him.

"I need to be next to Y/N 'cause you're selfish and you don't share your snacks with her. She likes me better anyway." Baji proudly declares, enjoying the look of indignation on the blond's chubby face.

"She doesn't like you better! She likes me-"

"No! She said she likes me bette-"

"I never said anythi-"

"What if I kick you in the face right no-"

"I'll kick you off a table since you're so small-"

You silently stand in the middle of the chaos, having given up on trying to clarify that you, in fact, did not say anything about liking someone better even if you had only been cut off once.

As you have read once in one of Shinichiro's books, 'It's better to give up early'.

You're not sure if you remember the phrase right but you like the message and have started basing your life choices on that phrase for 3 weeks now. So far, you have not been disappointed.

As for your teacher, it seems as if she has taken it upon herself to stop the fight between the feral kids of the class.

"Boys. Boys. Boys!" After her third shout, the two finally stop their bickering, their hands now tightly holding onto yours and you kinda want to push them away from you since your hands look like it's about to fall off from the lack of blood circulation but you endure the pain just so that they won't argue again.

It's only been 30 minutes since class started and they've already had an argument.

You're just in preschool but the level of stress that your kid brain is managing right now just because you're classmates with two of your friends is insane.

You almost want to drop out from preschool.

"Please, the two of you need to line up so that the rest of the class can go to the playground. So, Manjiro-kun, you can be in front of Y/N-chan while Keisuke-kun will be behind her. This way, both of you can still hold her hand, okay?"