Chapter 2

Chul Soo lived in the old house for a few more years since he last saw Soon Yi with her granddaughter. Until one day, a group of men arrived. They have big machines and trucks and started tearing down the old house. Chul Soo, scared, ran into the forest while hugging the guitar he managed to piece together after the incident many, many nights ago.

In the forest, he heard someone scream. He can smell wild wolves from kilometers away. When he got there, he saw an old man bleeding, surrounded by wolves. Chul Soo knew that it would mean the end for the man if he looked away and left.

He put the guitar carefully on the ground and jumped between the pack of wolves and the old man. He was crying and screaming in fear, his leg bleeding from falling off a rocky cliff. One of the wolves lunged into him, and Chul Soo was able to block it. Just before the wolf could bite into his arm, he stopped the attack by grabbing the wolf's neck and throwing it into the ground. He snarled, and the wolves ran away.

Chul Soo sat in front of the old man. He took off his old dirty shirt and handed it to the old man. Chul Soo turned around so that his back was facing the old man, gesturing him to climb into his back. He didn't know where to bring the old man, but he knew he should get him out of the forest and into the cemented street.

He can't remember how long he had walked with the old man carrying him, but finally, they reached the end of the forest. There, he saw a couple of police cars, siren wailing, red lights blinking. As soon as they emerged from the deep woods, a man shouted, "Someone's coming from here!"

A group of people approached Chul Soo and the old man on his back. They took the man and sent him away in the ambulance. Not knowing what to do, Chul Soo turned around to run back into the forest, but one of the officers grabbed him and cuffed him. He knew he was not supposed to lose his cool like what happened before.

He was taken to the police station and was interrogated. He can't even get a wink of sleep, but he doesn't know how or what to tell the police. Even after practicing for many years, Chul Soo can only read and write a few words. That night, he wished Soon Yi was there to tell them that he was not a bad person. The interrogation continued for the following days.

On the fourth night, the old man he saved gained consciousness. He is Mr. Han, the chairman of Han Pharmaceutical. He has gotten lost after a trek. Mr. Han's legal team already took care of the release of Chul Soo. Chul Soo wrote down his name on a paper. However, he was sent to a shelter for teens. The police still have no idea of his identity. They tried looking into cases of missing children or anything that possibly matches Chul Soo, but it was all in vain. Finally, Mr. Han was discharged from the hospital, and they went to the police station in person to check on Chul Soo.