Chapter 33: Life With You

Start from the beginning

"But we've decided to make sure it takes place on a spring season." Haruto exclaims. 

"Ahh, I'm so excited." Kei beams. "How did your guys' parents react?"

Haruto laughed at the memory. "My mom was jumping for the moon while dad was in tears, so mom had to jump back down to comfort him."

Shin takes his turn. "My father was stunned speechless while my mother was frantically calling wedding planners and designers."

"In short, it was chaotic." Haruto sums up. "We had to explain that we were in no rush."

"At least your parents are excited about it! That's a very good sign!" Kei replies. "The two of you are so romantic!"

"Speaking of romance..." Haruto smirks. "Shin told me that you have someone you like. Mind sharing a bit more?"

Kei turned red, but after looking at his friends' encouraging expressions, he spoke. "I don't know...Maybe he just thinks of me as best friend and that's all. No matter how much I hint that I like him, he doesn't get it. But I appreciate his friendly gift the other day."

"And what is this friendly gift?" Haruto asks, sipping his can of soda.

"A bouquet of roses!" Kei smiles happily.

"..." Haruto and Shin's jaw drops. What was all your training for!!?

No, Shin couldn't handle this anymore. He needed to literally point it out. "Kei-san...Roses usually mean love."

"I know." Kei nods. "But I think he bought them for me because he noticed I've been into gardening."

Haruto looks down to snicker, hiding his face as he whispered. "Poor guy..."

"Kei-san, I think he likes you."

"Really?" Kei frowns. "Then why hasn't he been replying to my hints?"

Haruto clears his throat. "How exactly do you hint at him?"

"By suggesting we spend more time together and I usually give him gifts too! Even little messages on post-it notes!"

"And how does he reply?"

"He gives me gifts and replies to my messages! He's even leaving notes around my house. It's so cute."

"..." Shin comes to a decisive advice. "Kei-san, this is just my opinion, but I think you should confess soon if he doesn't make a move."

"Do you guys really think he likes me?"

"Absolutely." The couple said at the same time, seriously. Haruto especially, because he's been called every night for advice ever since returning. He was always ready to roll on the floor in tears from hearing such pining.

"Is that how I sound like when I talk about you Shin?" Haruto asked one night, astound.

"You're worse than that."

"Fuck, I love you so much."

"Love you too."

Back to the present, Kei gained confidence and thanked them. "I'll keep that in mind! Thank you so much!"

"You can do it, Kei-san."

"Fight on, Keikō pen-kun!"

After having lunch together, they separated. They wonder when the person Kei likes will be able to join them, that guy's schedule was brutal. For the rest of the day, Haruto and Shin explore the town more to see if there were any changes. It's definitely more lively than last time, and a few classmates recognized them and greeted them.