you nodded, slowly bringing your attention to the metal cart beside him. "ooh! they left me food! gimmie!" you cheered, making grabby hand motions towards the covered plate.

"i'm surprised you're even allowed to eat." he spoke, a lot calmer than he was before. bringing the cart closer to you, he put the plate on the table that attached to your bed.

"as much as i hate those healers, i guess they have some purpose." fiddling with the bandages on your abdomen, you shrugged.

suddenly, he placed a warm hand on your stomach, desperately wishing that he could heal you they way you could heal others... the way you healed him.

it was a foolish wish, really. that was something out of his range. helping you was out of his range.

you snaked your hand into his, holding it tightly. "i'm sorry." you whispered. the apology was for a lot of things, so many that if you listed each one, you'd be speaking for hours. but you hoped that the simple phrase could heal the pounds of damage.

"don't... don't apologize." he groaned, looking out the window. "i didn't mean to yell, i was just worried."

"...you got more to say, don't you?"

after a second of silence, megumi took a deep breath and continued his ranting. "...that was extremely reckless! you could have gotten yourself killed! i mean, what were you thinking? and this isn't the first time you put your whole life on the line!

"i just... i just love you too much to see you hurt yourself like that, (y/n)."

"lol, i love you too." you whispered through his silence.

"i— did i say..?" you nodded victoriously as he put his elbows on your bed and covered his blush with his hands. "could we not do this right now." he mumbled while chuckling lightly.

"look at me." you smiled, gently pushing one of his hands away and holding it. "i told you, i'm not going anywhere."

as you squeezed his hand, the initial anger he came into the room with dissipated, floating away with the dust particles that danced around the room.

"but i gotta tell you, you smell like shit."

leaning forward, he responded. "and you look like shit."

"now, do i?" you smirked, taking in his sharp features. his deep familiar eyes, his slightly crooked nose from breaking it one too many times, his lips. all of it seemed perfect in your mind. pieces of his hair fell onto your forehead, tickling you, but you didn't have the urge to move it. in fact, you were grateful for that sensation, something to remind you that you were present and alive. that this wasn't all a dream.

"mmhmm." he hummed. slowly, yet somehow urgently, he brought his lips to yours. in this, he took note of every pull, every motion, every shift that your lips made in reaction to his. that feeling of euphoria came back to his stomach. he felt lightheaded but in the best possible way. and he only regained his senses once you pulled back.

"wait," you mumbled, still trying to get a grasp on reality. "do i really look like shit?"

"no, yeah, whatever. shut up." he said quickly, pushing his lips back to yours, desperate for that floaty feeling again. the floaty feeling he was expecting was replaced with a seraphic one when he felt you smirked against his lips. he couldn't help but do the same, bringing a hand to your neck and the other to your waist. searching the craters of his mind for ways to get closer to you, even though you were as close as humanly possible.

every soft sound you would make got engraved into his mind, hoping that the memories would never leave. and you did the same, internalizing every single touch from his calloused, yet soft fingers. every time he breathed you in, you felt your heart travel worlds and back for the simple action. his scent was intoxicating, making you hate, yet love the fact that one person had such an effect on you. and the feeling was mutual.

"YEAAHHHH, GET INTO IT!!" gojo yelled, pulling out his phone to snap multiple pictures. the two of you didn't even hear the door open. "YOU FINALLY DID IT MEGUMI! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU."

"get OUT!!" megumi growled, not even wasting his time to try to attack gojo, as he would just turn on his infinity. he chuckled while backing out of the room and closing the door, filling the space with an affluent silence... until he can back in.

"please name your first child after me."

"OUT!!!" you both yelled, tired of his games.

and so, he did. a muffled "MEGUMI'S GONNA GET LAID!" was heard, followed by the raven-haired boy sighing.

you patted the side of your bed to allow him to lay next to you. his familiar scent washed over you as he shifted, facing the ceiling.

"#justiceformegumifushiguro."

"i swear, i hate him so much." he mumbled, turning to face you. "even if i tried to move out, the fucker would follow me."

"you'll be fine." he took another deep breath before bringing a hand to your face, tracing the outline of your jaw and cupping your cheek, resting his thumb on your eyebrow, lightly stroking the hairs.

suddenly, someone knocked on the door. megumi got up to open it, revealing itadori and kugisaki.

"hey, is she up?" itadori whispered.

"uh, nah, she sleep."

"shut up, liar." kugisaki pushed the annoyed boy out of the way and skipped her way to your bed. "how you feeling, babe?"

"just fine." you smiled, stretching your arms out for a hug.

"we brought snacks, clothes, and uno!" yuuji cheered, holding a huge bag of all of the items, plus more board games. "wait, is this a group hug?" quickly dropping the bag, he ran over and squished nobara and you in a bear hug. "FUSHIGURO GET IN HERE!"

megumi sighed, leaving his spot from the door to join the hug. he sat on the bed next to you and put his arms around you and itadori.

"this... doesn't feel bad." nobara admitted.

resting his head against yours, megumi
muttered, "no, not bad at all."

*

a/n: i'm sorry for almost killing u 😗🤌