"Lucy,"

Braden breathes. I accept the hug for a few moments, but step out of his embrace. As soon as I leave his side, a look of sadness appears across his face.

"Explain."

I say, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at him. Braden sighs and leans against the wall, resting his hand on my hip just to keep physical contact with me.

"I-I know that girl. She was one of the people I took the fall for when I got sentenced."

My heart stutters a little. A look of surprise appears on both Michelle and Kiera's faces.

"I was part of a gang, the Seattle Cynicals. You know I grew up with no family, when they offered me a place in their group, I took it. I was young and didn't know what the reality of being in a gang was like. I became connected with them, but it was toxic. The group only loved me on their terms. When I started college, I met new people. Good people. 

I realized that I didn't want to be in their group anymore. They refused to let me go, saying I knew too much. I left anyway and went into hiding after I graduated college. A while after I left, they got caught smuggling cocaine, and they all named me as their leader. I was convicted, while they got off with small punishments."

As Braden tells me his story, he avoids eye contact in shame. I can tell he is embarrassed, but I don't want him to be ashamed of his past around me.

"That girl is still part of The Cynicals. Her name is Sugar and she usually acts as the messenger. Apparently, the gang wants me back and will do anything to ensure that I join again.

I gulp and make contact with his worried gaze.

"Lucy, they saw us on both our dates. They know I care about you. I'm worried they are going to come after you."

I shake my head and lean into his inviting arms.

"But, there's no way in hell that I am letting them take you away from me. I will always be there to protect you."

"Us too Lucy!"

Michelle and Keira say. I nod my head at them thankfully and then nonverbally signal to them that I need some alone time with Braden. Both of them get the message and disappear into their room. I turn back to Braden and wrap my arms around his neck, just taking in the delicious scent of him.

"I was worried when I saw her all over you. I mean, we haven't..... made anything official yet, so technically you can do anything you want but, it hurt."

He reaches up and grabs my throat with his hand. His cold silver rings press into my warm neck, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"Look at me Lucy."

I slowly make eye contact with his heated gaze.

"You are mine. Spending time with you is the best part of my days. I have not looked at another girl since I met you, they don't appeal to me. I only want you."

With his last line, he squeezes my throat gently but firmly, reminding my body that I am his.

"G-Good to know."

I breathe out. Swallowing, I push my hands through his dark locks, and slightly pull on the ends. I feel a hardness press up against my lower stomach. I roll my eyes and take my hands away from his hair.

"You have the sex drive of a teenager"

I giggle out. Braden groans and squishes me back into his chest.

"How am I supposed to not get aroused with you gripping onto my hair like that?"

He grumbles into my shoulder. Sighing, he makes eye contact with me and I notice his eyes have darkened.