Chapter 23: A talk with Zoe

This chapter is uploaded a bit later than I would've liked it to be, but I was reading Spy School: At sea. Wow it's really good. I finished it under 2 hours. I need to read it againnn!!!

I took a deep breath and knocked. Zoe opened the door almost immediately, and reacted with surprise. "Ben!" She excliamed.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Sure." Zoe said.

We sat there for a few awkward moments, until Zoe blurted out, "Look, I'm realy sorry for all those things I did..."

I intruppted her, saying "It's alright."

"It is?" She asked, surprised. "But..."

"It's okay. Uh...I just wanted to ask you...is it okay if we are friends again?" I asked.

"Ben, I would love that!" She said, then shrank away in embarrassment. "Well, not the love, love...unless..."

I sighed a bit on the inside. "Zoe...I'm not intrested in you, I hope you can understand that."

"I know...but I'm fine with being friends." Zoe smiled, and I smiled back. "Now, tell me what happened. I want to know!"

So I told her everything, to Murray, Sophia, and Savannah. Once I was finished, her jaw was pretty much touching the floor.

"Wow...I'm so jealous right now. And Catherine's second cousin? Damn."

"HELLO??? HELLO??? IS THIS THING ON???" The the principal said into the loudspeaker. Since the walls were paper thin, we could hear the sound coming from the hallway loud and clear.

"RIGHT ACHEM," the principal said. "THERE IS AN ASSEMBLY NOW. PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY INTO THE UH WHAT WAS IT CALLED AGAIN? OH YEAH, THE ALL PURPOSE ROOM. RIGHT. GO THERE."

"Sometimes I think the nickname, 'The Idiot' is an understatement." Zoe giggled.

I grinned. "Well then, we should probably go."

We walked out the door together. I was happy I had patched things up with Zoe. She is a good friend.