Ch-5: 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗸 & 𝗔 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱?!

Start from the beginning

Braedey picked up the can and threw it to Ken. "Sure. Stink it up." He called, Ken now using the can as Braedey shuts the locker.

~*~*~

A little later, Braedey and Ken met up with Jennifer and Jasmine, the four of them now leaving down the hall to enter the main lobby, the other monsters walking along to head on home or to have a night out.

"You know, I am so romantic sometimes, I think I should just marry myself." Jennifer remarked.

"Oh, give me a break, Jen." Jasmine rolled her eyes.

"Come on, that's crazy." Ken shrugged, giving Jennifer a one-arm hug close to him. "Well, tonight isn't about us. It's about one person we know: Mashima." The two look over to see Mashima clearing up her desk. "Ooh, the birthday boat is about to set sail."

"Well, I can tell you this, fellas." Jennifer turned to Braedey and Jasmine. "That face of hers, it just makes my heart go..." She turned back, only to see Roz standing there. "YIKES!" She recoiled back in fright.

"Hello, Scott." Roz rasped. "Fun-filled evening planned for tonight?"

"Well, as a matter of fact..." Jennifer began but was cut off.

"Then I'm sure you filed your paperwork correctly... for once." Roz said to Jennifer, the latter staying silent with the others just looking to her. "Your stunned silence is very reassuring." Roz said sarcastically as she left.

Jennifer now started to freak out, the others looking to her. "Oh, for the love of- My scare reports! I left them on my desk, and if I'm not at the restaurant in five minutes, they're going to give our table away! What am I going to tell..." She turned to see Mashima. "Oh, hey."

"Hey, Jennifer. You and Ken want to get going?" Mashima asked to her.

"Oh, do I ever." Jennifer now started to ramble on. "It's just that... Uh, you know, there's a small..."

"I don't understand." Mashima wondered.

"It's just that Jasmine and I had some paperwork that we forgot and supposed to file. Jennifer and Ken was just reminding us." Braedey spoke up, the others now looking to him. "Thanks a lot, guys."

"I was?" Ken asked, then he realised what Braedey was saying. "Oh, yeah! We were. Yes, we were." He said to Mashima.

"Oh, okay. Let's go, then." Mashima said, now taking Ken's hand.

"We're going!" Jennifer called as Mashima and Ken began to walk away, then the former turned to both Braedey and Ken. "Okay, on my desk, you two. The pink copies go to Accounting, the fuchsia ones go to Purchasing, and the goldenrod ones go to Roz." Ken and Braedey nodded, just as Jennifer was then pulled away by two of Mashima's vines. "Leave the puce!" Jennifer called as she was taken away.

Braedey and Jasmine both looked in confusion by what Jennifer said. What did she mean by 'leave the puce'? With that on their mind, they go back to the scare floor.

~*~*~