Summer of 78'

𝗘𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁; (𝚊𝚍𝚓) 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗.

1978

Michael Thatcher never thought it would get this bad. Sure, Ziggy Berman was a troublemaker, and a damn good one. She had done countless numbers of vandalism, pranks, and definitely got into her fair share of fights. After rumors could be heard of Sheila fighting Ziggy in the woods came to the attention of Camp Nightwing's counselors, Michael, along with two Sunnyvale counselors, Nick Goode and Kurt sprung to action and made their way to the woods.

Considering Michael was a Shadyside counselor, one would guess he would want nothing to do with Sunnyvale's counselors. For the most part, it was true, Michael wasn't much of a fan of Kurt or the others. However, he had an unlikely friendship with Nick Goode. The two boys were close in age, allowing them to be put together for counselor jobs and activities. They shared a love for famous horror author, Stephen King which sparked an instant interest between the two, they had been friends ever since then.

Usually when Michael was on duty with Nick, the two would make the best of it, even making the worst jobs fun, but this matter was completely different. Before him was Ziggy Berman being hung by her hands. Sheila was directly in front of her, holding a lit lighter underneath Ziggy's arm, burning her bare skin as Ziggy cried out. Without hesitation, Michael raised his whistle to his lips, closing them before blowing into it.

As the high pitched whistle rung, Michael ran towards the group by the tree, Nick and Kurt following quickly behind him.

"Shit! Will, it's your brother!" Sheila exclaimed, quickly stepping away from Ziggy.

"The hell is this? Let her down!" Michael cried out, the whistle falling from his lips and falling on to his chest, hanging from his necklace.

"Nick, I can explain," Will, the younger Goode brother said, fear planted across his face.

"Let her down, Will! I swear to God I'll tell mom!" Nick said, catching up to Michael and standing in front of the group.

With that, Will quickly untied the rope from the tree, allowing Ziggy's hands to drop down, the girl falling to the ground with a grunt from impact.

"Alright, who wants to explain what the hell happened here?" Kurt asked, pushing through Michael and Nick to be front and center, his hands on his hips as he looked at the group.

Sheila, Will, and the two female twins who Michael didn't know too well took Kurt's left while Ziggy stood beside Michael, the two making eye contact before turning back to Kurt.

"I went back to my cabin, the door was open, the next thing I knew, all my money was gone and Ziggy was just sprinting away," Sheila started to explain.

"Because you were chasing me," said Ziggy, glaring over at Sheila with a nasty look.

"Ziggy! You talk when I tell you to talk," Kurt interrupted, causing Michael to roll his eyes.

"Did you see her take it?" Nick asked in an almost bored and exhausted tone, standing beside Kurt on his right.

"Everyone did," said Will.