When Danger Lies Ahead

Start from the beginning

"At least I tried to help..."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I thought you were telling a joke. We're not cutting ties, right?"

Kujou Sara giggled at the cute and funny situation, and it engrossed her to listen more to their conversation.

"Hm, okay! Paimon forgives you, but where should Paimon start to help you confess to Kujou Sara?"

Kujou Sara blushed so hard that she covered her face with both of her hands, with her mind going crazy at the statement. She struggled to calm herself down, as she tries to remember the Shogun's command. "I have to warn them about the Raiden's plan," she whispered to herself.

The general walked elegantly towards Y/N, as she swiftly grabs Y/N's hands that were holding the bowl before. "Listen, Traveler," she muttered, "You have to meet me at Chinju Forest. There is something...urgent I should tell you." Kujou Sara soon left without a trace, with the citizens on Inazuma City looking at her. Did they cause a scene again?

--------

As the general's distance from you is increasing, you decided to look back at Paimon, who was at your side. "I guess the timing was right. Go get her, Y/N!" Paimon cheered for you with extreme happiness as she raised her hands up in the air and twirled. "Ha-ha, wish me luck, Paimon."

--------

You have arrived at Chinju Forest by dusk, and there by the continuous red gates was the Tengu general, Kujou Sara. "I have arrived...like you said." You tried to start a conversation between you two, only for awkward silence to barge in. "I apologize for the late response," Kujou Sara mutters, "I was...thinking of something else." You had a flashback to what you said to her before, when you got mesmerized by how pretty she looks. "So, how do I start...Right. You're wanted by the Shogun." Kujou Sara warned you with a serious face shown, and her arms crossed as she looks at you like a suspect. You were surprised by this sudden announcement, thinking that you were played the whole time. "So... all of our interactions were scripted?" You became extremely saddened by it, causing you to slouch and have all sweet thoughts about Kujou Sara discarded. "No, no, that's not my point. What I meant is...I'd like to convince the Shogun that you are innocent." You looked back at Kujou Sara's glimmering amber eyes, as you fixed your posture and had a small smile shown. "Oh...My mistake. I thought we aren't...friends anymore."

"We're friends?" Kujou Sara asks, her eyebrows lifted far away from her eyes. "I actually thought we were more than that, I'll be honest." You suddenly looked away, as you just realized you spitted your actual opinion about her. "I understand," Kujou Sara replies, "I personally thought we're more that friends. But I still don't know how will the Shogun react to this secret relationship."

You had doubts about the ruler of Inazuma to accept about your relationship, due to the commands that all point to you being captured and submitted to the Raiden Shogun. "If you want to hang out freely and not in secret, we can try proving your innocence to the Shogun." Kujou Sara suggested as she walks closer towards you, with her pretty dark-purple hair swaying as she moves. "Though I know it's easier said than done, but I'll still try for you. All things required to prove you're innocent and not an interruption to eternity must be prepared 3 days from now before the last day of my submission."

The Tengu general leaned in front of you, and whispered, "Hopefully in the future, the commands won't separate us anymore...Y/N."

----BONUS!----

As Kujou Sara left the peaceful and quiet forest, Paimon floated closer to you. "Hee-hee, good job Y/N!" she shouted, while showing a smile and bringing out a thumbs up. "I was so nervous when she requested me to visit her at Chinju Forest, didn't expect she'll 'confess' too." You explained what were you feeling during the whole discussion with Kujou Sara, with the face having reddish cheeks. "Maybe try treating her to a meal? Or what was that word? ...Day, calendar...Ooh! A date! That's the correct term, right?" Paimon suggested something she wouldn't say, thought you aren't shocked as she knows your opinions towards Kujou Sara. "I guess that's a nice idea to strengthen our 'relationship'," you bashfully say, "and I'll try hosting one for her right here or at Inazuma City."

--AUTHOR'S NOTES--

Thank you so much for the 150+ reads! I've never had so much views so instant, and I uploaded this fanfiction not so long ago. This used to be a request by a friend, but somehow, since it became long they decided to ask me for TL;DR version instead. Also, there is a total of 5 chapters planned for this, with the following chapter being a special one since you all are kind enough to notice my itsy-bitsy fanfiction. Once again, hopefully you enjoyed the chapters I've written so far!

(Looking for beta readers by the way.)

Stay safe everyone.
-Snowdilux, Sept. 12, 2021

~~~~~~~

2208 words

~~~~~~~