| 05 | Pehla Nasha

Karlu mein kya apna haal Ae dil-e-bekaraar Mere dil-e-bekaraar Tu hi bataa

Ae dil-e-bekaraar
Mere dil-e-bekaraar
Tu hi bataa...

Karlu mein kya apna haal Ae dil-e-bekaraar Mere dil-e-bekaraar Tu hi bataa

"Where the hell were you guys?"

The booming voice of their Captain stopped the happy caravan in their tracks. The trio was suddenly aware of the tension in their surroundings.

"What's going on? Why is everyone here?", Ishan's curiosity got the better of him. His immediate thought was that the troupe is out to prank someone and how can he be left behind if that's the case.

"Shouldn't we be the ones asking this?", Rahul was quick to response and side by his skipper. "Do you guys have any idea of the time?", Rohit more often than not was the cool dude captain but right now he looked anything but cool.

"You went out saying you're going for some coffee and you come back at 11!?", Virat scolded, in a tone harsher than normal, "And that too without informing any of us". Though he immediately regretted seeing the downcast faces.

"Coffee uga (grow) rahe the kya?", asked Hardik before bursting out laughing along the team with the exception of the captain's who let it go with a snide smile.

"Accha let that be. Ab tell what took you so long? The kaha tum log?", Virat couldn't hold onto his anger. It was just not his habit and he specially couldn't after seeing the sorry faces of those three idiots. He held them too dear to himself to be angry at them.

The faces which were reaping repentance seconds before, two of them now looked brightned up by mischief. Shubhman and Ishan shared a look before pushing Dev on the forefront. "Inse hi pooche bhaiya. Inki wajha se hi late hue hai hum".

Now this was news to the entire team. The good boy becoming the backbencher doesn't happen twice. Everyone looked at Dev, trying to figure what bomb will be drop when he opens his mouth.

Meanwhile for Dev, he hasn't ever been in a situation as embarassing as this. He glared at Shubh and Ishan simultaneously while trying to cook up some story, some words which together will make sense.