²¹ ❘❘ ᵘʰ ᵒʰ ༉·₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

"Hey, how are you feeling now?"

"Mmm?" Humming, you place your bag on top of your lap before casting your eyes over the vice captain. "Oh, uhh... I feel fine now, really. The medicine that Morisuke made me drink helped me recover real soon."

He bob his head up and down, smiling lightly at your affirmation that your in a better condition now. "That's good to know. I was really worried when you didn't show up yesterday since usually, you always send a message to let me know if something came up so I can tell sensei. Even Rezu's worried to, and she's mostly quiet for the whole day since you're not there for her to talk to."

"Sorry for making you worried..." you sheepishly mutter, twirling the zipper of your bag in your forefinger and thumb.

"It's okay. What's important now is that you're fine and in your full health, right?" He told you, giving you an assuring pat on the shoulder as his eyes squint into an eye smile.

Unable to repress yourself from doing so, you reciprocate the soft expression he have displayed, but in a much milder version. You were touched by his concern for you.

"Mmm, yeah... I guess you're right."

There's a light poke on your shoulder, which prompts you to face your other side to see Inuoka and Shibayama eyeing you with those doe eyes of their as they ask your opinion about which subject is the hardest in year 1.

The said existing topic prolongs on account of the continuous exchange of point of views. Although mostly, it's the two first year that's speaking, while you're only making some comment from time to time since you very much prefer to just keep an ear out.

Soon enough, they had to stop their harmless little squabble when the vehicle made a turn to an opened gates, entering the campus of the school Fukurodani Academy.

Taking up one of the parking space next to the two other bus that's probably from other schools, the rumbling of the vehicle's engine stopped, giving everyone the cue to pack up their stuff. They began to move and file out from the bus, respectively one at a time.

You were the second to the last to board out― with Kai being the last one. As you set your feet on the paved ground, you scope out the terrain, but stop yourself from doing so when your gaze lands on the four boys clad in a navy blue shirt and white shorts from a distance, standing before your team.

Naoi and Nekomata approaches the coach of Fukurodani, exchanging formal greetings along with some shake hands. Subconsciously starting to engage into a small talk.

Taking a few little steps forward, your E/C irises meet a set of gunmetal blue that you were so accustomed to always see. It paints a nearly unnoticeable smile across your face as you raise your hand to give him a shy, meek wave.

Akaashi smiles back to you. Comparably as small as yours, or maybe his are a little bit bigger than yours on a measly margin.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto boisterously chimes out his iconic line, both of his arms shooting up high in air and flail them around in a childish manner to wave. With a proud gait and light bounce in each hurried step he take, his long legs shuffle towards your team.

Kuroo waves back at his best buddy from the neighboring team. A small smirk adorning his lips, as his cat-like eyes watch the co-captain approach Nekoma's side with such eagerness. "Heya bro, you looked so excited to see me―"

However, the bedhead is startled out of his wits when Bokuto simply brush past him, like he's not even standing there and left him with his fist hanging above his chest level that's aiming for a fistbump.

And what's even more dumbfounding to see, not only for him, but also for the rest of your team and few of the players from Fukurodani, is the fact that ther captain head straight to approach you.