"I personally think square pizzas are better." Enara said cheekily.

"WHAT? Oh come on. You two basically agree with everything! And you two have to do everything together! What am I, a sock?"

She was about to throw a tamper, when the arrival of the bus had roared and interrupted her. Enara swore that she could hear Katy mutter a 'saved by the bus' before the three of them scampered on.

Enara was seated in the middle of the bus window and Shaun, while Katy was dangling her feet off her seat. The three sat in odd silence as the vehicle continued to bounce against the pebble built ground, all either closing their eyes, daydreaming, or deep in thought.

The girl sighed softly and hung her head slightly, gazing out on the streets that were now packed full of people from the corner of her eyes. The skies were clear with only a few clouds that laid in the distance, the cars on the roads roared as they zipped past the bus. It kind of reminded her how slow she was not only at driving, but also establishing her emotions.

The impatient and nervous tapping of the girl caught the attention of Shaun, rightfully so.

"What's with the toe tapping?" He asked, nudging Enara slightly by the shoulder. She glanced at him.

"Nothing. Just... thinking about strategies to go over three shots without getting drunk." She lied, faking a smile.

Katy laughed, a mischevious smile plastered on her face as she turned around. Shaun smirked.  "Seriously? We all know that you can't take more than what, 3 shots before completely becoming another person."

Enara slapped Shaun slightly. "That wasn't very nice! I always end up going with you guys anyways, so I shouldn't be the one being teased."

Katy stifles a slight snort. "yaddah yadda yeah right. Y'know, when you're sick, or busy, or have your own shenanigans to take care of, Shaun always goes 'Enara would've loved this' or 'We can't do this without Enara.' Like, what do I look like to you guys, a ragdoll?" Enara bursted into laughing, so did Shaun.

And at the end, not even Katy herself could stop the smile that slowly took over.

When Shaun stood and pulled the wire to their stop, the hotel that they worked at slowly came in view. The same, marble brown walls, the same pebble tiled entrance, and the same pot of plants, like every work day. The three got up, thanked the driver, and paced their way to the staff room, where their lockers were waiting. Once they all changed into their white button up shirts and leather shoes, Enara took out the scarlet vest with care and tossed her duffel bag inside, making a huge BANG as she shut her locker. Shaun and Katy doing the same. After helping each other do a uniform check, they headed out and to their stations, standing patiently as they waited for the cars to start piling in.

Enara's eyes glittered with anticipation when she was handed a key of a blue BMW, having small flashbacks to the time when Katy and her fought over the silver Mclauren. She turned around and stuck her tongue as Katy's face hinted at bits of jealousy.

Hmph, that should teach her a lesson.

Enara plopped in the car and enjoyed her time steering the wheel, finally letting go after she parked it fairly easily. She quickly ran up, just in time to see Shaun get handed keys to a ruby red car. Before any of them could react, Katy snatched the keys out of his hands and bounced in the driver seat of the vehicle. Clenching her fists, she ran over to the duo.

"Karma, bitch!" Katy teased, sticking her tongue out as the black tinted window slid down, in which was Enara's turn to stick her tongue out. Wasting not a second, she quickly hopped in the front seat. Shaun shook his head.

"Katy, Enara, get out, now." He said.
"Or else what?" They both chanted.
"Or else we're gonna get fired!"
"Have some fun in your life Shauny!" Enara rolled her eyes. Katy nodded in agreement. The three had an intense staring competition (that lasted for 15 seconds), before Shaun looked away and pinched himself. Enara and Katy grinned.

"So you gonna get in or what?" They both chorused.

. "... we better not get fired, or I'm putting the blame on you two."

•••

"Yup, we're getting fired!" Shaun yelled, grabbing the handles of the backseat for his dear life as Katy beelined out of the parking lot, taking a sharp turn down the street. Enara  wasn't too far from being like Shaun, yelling "AAA" and "AEEYEE" at the top of her lungs, the only difference being that her screams were euphoric and Shaun's were full of fear.

"C'mon Shaun! You know you want to enjoy this ride!" Enara laughed. Although Enara wasn't a better and rebellious driver than Katy, that didn't mean that she couldn't enjoy her job as being a valet.

"Yeah Shaun! Don't be such a baby!" Katy shouted, taking another sharp turn which made Shaun bump his head on the car ceiling. He let out a small "Oof".

"whoooooooooo! Hands up in the air everybody!" Katy yelled excitedly before abruptly stepping on the gas pedal as they sped down the streets of San Francisco.

•••

Andddd thats a wrap to chapter 2! Thank you for supporting my work everybody. I mean, holy smokes, 338 reads!! never have I ever dreamt of such an amount. Means a lot to someone with social anxiety. Really glad you guys are enjoying the book as much as I am writing it. I'm going to be busy for the next few days since I go to boarding school and their schedule is whack, if you get what I mean.

Thank you for reading! Remember to follow, comment, vote, add this book to your reading lists, and feel free to provide feedback! See you guys on the other side :D
(i might just update tomorrow lol)

Luck ~ 小悅