26: The Letter & Swing Dancing

Start from the beginning

  Eventually Louis and I found our way to the ballroom after the hotel manager came up and gave us a lecture about the safety risk of throwing things down ten stories in a hotel and how he 'had to treat us life normal people, despite the fact that his niece would kill him if she heard she was threatening to kick us out'.

  Poking my head in, I saw as Zayn, Liam, my Harry, and a few unnamed others watched on as Lou Teasdale (with Lux standing aside) instructed them on a certain type of unfamiliar dance to me, a bashful and red-faced Paul serving as her partner.

  Louis giggled to himself beside me before linking arms with mine and striding in the room like he owned the place. I guess you were filled with this sense of pride when you were Louis Tomlinson, famous singer and the topic of all the girls around the world. I threw my head back, laughing as we joined the small crowd.

  "Good to see you two," Lou called over her shoulder, spinning in numerous circles with Paul barely able to stay on his feet from the dizzyness. "Then you just rock back, forth, back, and then spin and do a few jumps..."

  I watched as Paul, determined to succeed and keep what dignity he still had, did a few girlish hops as Lou lead him into another step in the dance. The scene around me looking like it was straight from Beauty and The Beast with the twinkling chandelier and golden walls, all topped off with those naked baby paintings on the ceiling that never really made sense to me.

  "And then you can just throw in some random moves, and voila! You've got yourself the classical swing dance." Lou finished with a bow. "Your turn." She said to us, and some people scrambled to join with a partner. I saw Harry eye me and walk over in front of me.

  "I haven't even been here for that long, Harry." I complained. "If we try and do this dance someone is going to end up with a broken toe, because I can't dance to save my life." I pulled back, but Harry just smiled reassuringly and pulled me to him.

  "Please? For me?"

  I lt out a sigh as he wrapped at arm around my waist. I put my hand on his shoulder ( I at least knew that much) and waited for him to do something.

  Suddenly, we were both hopping around and spinning and I just knew that we looked like clowns. Still, I followed Harry's lead, being cautious not to step on his foot or accidentally spin into anybody nearby.

  Surprisingly, we got the hang of it. Well, okay, maybe that was a bit of an understatement. We were decent maybe or acceptable, but nowhere near good. I just held on to Harry for dear life as we spun in circles and he tried dipping me, but I pulled myself up quickly as he chuckled.

  "See? You're not so bad." Harry complimented me.

  "Whatever you say, Styles." I laughed, shaking my head as he twirled me.

  Everyone else in the room became invisible as I was finally caught up to speed with him after he slowed down a bit. Here, in Harry's arms, I felt like anything was possible. Like I could take Vanessa, like I could face up to William or confront Nathan about what I knew. I felt like, no matter, what, if Harry was here by my side, I was invincible.

  "I don't mind spending everyday, out on your corner in the pouring rain, look for the girl witht he broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile..." Harry sang in my ear. "She will be loved, yeah she will be loved..."

 I'm sure that I was probably smiling from ear to ear, as I'm sure that there were a couple eavesdropping eyes lurking our way, but I didn't care. Right now, everything was finally fitting into place and everything felt so right. There was nothing that I couldn't do.

  I finally felt on top of the world.

  Of course, all good moments have to end, and just when Harry was going to twirl me once more, there was a sharp knock on the door. I turned to see a man dressed in a blue uniform, holding a stack of papers in his hand. My gaze flickered over to Paul, who raced up to the man and grabbed the things from him. It occurred to me that this man was probably part of the mail delivery services, or maybe someone delivering all the fan mail girls demanded he gave the boys while downstairs.

  "All right, lets see. Harry, me, me, me, Zayn, Zayn, Liam, Darcy, and Lou." Paul said, holding out the mail towards us. My breath hitched in my throat. A letter for me? Who knew that I would be here at this hotel, and who would send me a letter?

  Tiff, probably. If it was her then I would be incredibly glad, because lately these days spent singing with the boys and taking care of Lux I've been wanting a girl around. Maybe it was a letter saying that she wanted to come up and visit? Maybe she had something important to tell me?

  But when I ripped open the envelope, I saw that it wasn't from Tiff. No, it was from someone that I absoloutely did not want to hear from.

  Dear Darcy,

  You may think that we are awful parents for not contacting you any sooner. We want you to know that, even though you did something completely awful, we still care for your safety. Your mum and I want you to know that everything has been well here and that if you need any money just ask, but what you did we will never forget.

  Did you know that crime is punishable by law? Darcy, you can't go out and do stuff like that. We no longer wish to see you, but we feel that it is fair to keep in contact once in a while. You nearly ruined our family's reputation for what you've done. You should be very ashamed, young lady. We still wish you the best, but know that we're very hurt by what you have done.

  -Father

  I stared at the crumpled piece of paper in front of me, squinting at the written words that were supposed to mean something to me. I could feel the ten eyeballs scanning the paper as closely as I was, and probably waiting for me to have an answer.

  That was just the problem, because I didn't know what to make of this letter. All I knew was that something was seriously wrong. 

A/N: Oh snap! What do you think happened? And thanks for the million reads, i l y s m < 3 Comment for dedication, vote, and fan! c: Thanks guys, you're all so so so amazing ^.^

  ~Delilah