01|Freya Stayed on Earth....

Start from the beginning

So Freya made a decision and left to join the Women's Army Corps. Training was easy for her, in all her years she had learned diplomacy and war strategies, hundreds of years of training had left Freya with toned muscles, her Asgardian blood allowed her to have better stamina and to heal faster.

Training on Puerto Rico was vigorous and out of the thousands several hundred were selected to join the WAC's. Further on in their training the brave women were divided over three main groups, the Army Air Forces, Army Ground Forces and Army Service Forces.

When Freya was called into her superiors' office, Freya felt nervous. Perhaps they had found out she wasn't human. Before knocking on the door, Freya brushed off her army uniform that consisted of a long skirt and blazer before making sure her white hair was still in it's elegant roll.

"Come in," Mrs Colvin's voice sounded. The woman looked up from the papers on her desk to see Freya standing before her. Mrs Colvin was a mother of four and had already been married two times, each husband had been claimed by one of the wars before Mrs Colvin decided to take matters into her own hands and became an officer in WAC. Tackling racism and sexism along the way.

"Miss, I have to stay your results are quite outstanding," Mrs Colvin muttered while leafing through Freya's file. Said woman smiled and whispered a thank you before Mrs Colvin continued to speak. "Now I want you to be honest with me, do you want to go to the front? And I don't mean as someone to woman the telephones, as a strategist."

There was no hesitation as Freya answered with yes. Mrs Colvin had smiled and stamped Freya's file.

A quick telegram to the Barnes women and swift packing later, Freya was being hurried to a small cargo plane. Mrs Colvin was standing by the entrance and as Freya approached her, she gave Freya more information on her role across the sea.

"You are to report to Captain Nick Johnson, he is heading to Italy where you will join the Strategic Scientific Reserve and report to Colonel Chester Philips." Freya nodded at the older presenting woman. Mrs Colvin took in Freya's appearance, almost as if she wanted to remember one of her best staff members. Then she reached into a pocket of her blazer and produced a small black pack.

"Here, honey," Mrs Colvin pressed the pack into Freya's small palm. "It's uniform for all the women at the front. We may be soldiers, and we will always be women," Mrs Colvin smiled at Freya and squeezed the pale woman's hands. "Don't let them convince or treat you as less."

"I will not. Thank you for everything, Mrs Colvin."

"Mary. Call me Mary."

Freya smiled and bowed her head to Mary Colvin. "May we meet again, Mary," Freya said before she turned to board the plane, leaving Mary behind while shaking her head. "What a strange thing you are Freya," Mary whispered to herself. Her voice held both pride and disbelief at what the small, white haired woman from Norway had accomplished in the WAC.

In the plane, Freya wiggled herself into the small seat between all the cargo. Now was one of those times that she was happy to not have a stature similar to one of her brothers, both of whom would have not been able to fit comfortably.

The pilot, a young Colombian man named Fabio Cortez Lopez, had made some small talk with Freya before he said he had to focus on taking off. Fabio could not be older than 18, he was young. Too young in Freya's opinion. Fabio had greeted Freya with a pearly white smile that stood out against his tan skin before he gave some details about their flight.