chapter 17 ~ 'speechless'

Start from the beginning

I run my fingers through his brunette curls and he rolls his eyes, pushing me off of him. I laugh and lay right beside him, the meadow of flowers surrounding us.

We gaze at the blue sky and embrace the warmth from the sun.

"It's literally October, how is it sunny?" I ask.

"It's always sunny when I'm with you for some odd reason."

"For some odd reason." I agree and turn my head to look at him, his perfect side profile looking hot as always.

I'm about to say something when I hear something rushing towards us. We both sit up in an instant and see Guacamole galloping towards us.

"GUACAMOLE!" I exclaim, standing up and running to my beautiful horse.

I pet him and he neighs in happiness. Mattheo finally stands up and starts petting her too.

"How about we take her for a ride?" Mattheo suggests.

"YES." I squeal and Mattheo magics up a saddle for us to sit on.

He helps me mount Guacamole and Mattheo follows on, attempting to sit in front of me but I immediately stop him.

"Hold your horses." I stop him.

"Bad pun." He rolls his eyes. "What's the problem?"

"You're sitting at the back."

"What? No." He protests and attempts to take a seat in front of me again but I stop him.

"Mattheo, this is my horse and I'm sorry but you're sitting at the back."

"Fine." He groans and sits behind me.

He slowly leans in forwards and his lips skim across my ear.

"Stop." I tell him as tingles rush through my body.

Then, he wraps his arms around my waist and I look down at his veiny hands.

"What you staring at?" He whispers in my ear and even though I can't see his face, I can just hear the smirk in his voice.

"Nice rings." I reply. "I might just borrow them."

He kisses the top of my ear and I click and flick the reins so Guacamole starts galloping and I feel Mattheo grip onto me tighter.

The breeze rushes against my cheeks and I forget all my problems and worries.

We ride across a sandy path, with pink trees on either side, the petals falling onto us.

Finally, we meet a cliffs edge, with the ocean beneath it.

One word: breathtaking.

Guacamole comes to a halt and I hold onto Mattheo's hand for support as I jump off the horse.

Suddenly, Mattheo disappears and then reappears right beside me.

"Seriously?" I scoff. "You apparated off the horse?"

"Yeah, it's easier." He shrugs his shoulders.