johnmark | something in the water (iii)

Start from the beginning

mama suh (as she liked to refer to herself) walked into the living room area, as she wasn't letting anyone slam doors in her house. when she saw mark, curled up into a corner of the couch, her pace quickened and she was at the young boy's side in seconds.

"aigoo, markie, what's happened?" she knew he wasn't one to open up super easily about anything, so mama suh continued to rub him on the back.

this was when johnny found it a good time to show up. as soon as he saw the state that mark was in, he rushed over, engulfing the younger in a hug.

johnny's mom stepped away from the two. she knew that mark warmed up to her son the most, and giving them their space was probably the best option.

"shh, markie, it's going to be okay," johnny assured. he'd gotten his shirt soaked by mark's tears before.

the younger cried hard, harder than he had ever before.

johnny pressed a (platonic, of course) kiss to mark's forehead. he didn't know what happened, but he knew the younger needed him.

~

it was a few days later. mark had left for work at the cafe, and johnny invited ten over out of loneliness.

now, the two sat on the couch, ten scrolling through netflix options.

"we should watch squid game!" johnny exclaimed, grabbing the remote.

the younger playfully glared and snatched it back. "what about put your head on my shoulder?"

the two found themselves within seconds wrestling for the remote, johnny winding up on top of ten attempting to grab the remote.

ten froze, realizing the position they were in. not soon after, johnny did too.

the older was about to get off of ten when the latter unexpectedly placed his hands on johnny's face.

and the younger brought them into a kiss.

it was a short kiss, and johnny just froze.

ten pulled away, crawling out from his trapped position under johnny. before the older could speak, he was cut off.

"tell mark i'm sorry."

and with that, ten opened the door to the house and slipped out, leaving a very confused johnny behind.

~

meanwhile, at the cafe

mark had rotated shifts to the front, where he took orders and delivered drinks. he liked this time, as it was calming.

a few minutes passed and they boy was putting a rag back in the cupboard below the front desk. he heard the bell at the door ring, signaling that there were new customers.

he heard a throat clear above his head, and shot up. "i'm sorry about that! what can i get for..." he finally looked at the faces who stared back at him.

"...eomma? appa?"

TO BE CONTINUED

***