"Thank you," Alyce said once she was fully out of the car. "You could have saved the money and just let me pick you up." She was referring to the price of the ride to get here.

Louis let his hand rest on her lower back as they made their way inside the restaurant. "Not a chance." He whispered in her ear, not even looking at her, but looking ahead of them.

It was golden hour. It was a little warm but then a cold breeze would pass by and bring chills down Alyce's spine.

A waitress soon came by and took them to their seats, gave them both menus, and left them alone.

Alyce almost gasped at the view.

Their table was right on the water. All of New York City in front of them. It was now sunset, making the sky mix with different shades of pastels. "I've lived here all my life and I never knew this place existed."

"This restaurant is new." She looked up from the menu at him. "I wanted to take you somewhere I assume you never been to."

Alyce smiled and looked back down at the menu, trying to hide her pink cheeks.

They soon ordered their drinks which led to them ordering their food. The two talked the whole time, taking turns listening to one another.

"Okay, I've always wanted to know this. How did you start the band?" Louis questioned.

She chuckled, "We got together for a band performance at school, and ever since then we have stuck together, leading us to where we are today."

"Wow, what a story," Louis said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry that it wasn't inspirational." Alyce joked as she took a sip of water.

He played along, "What do you mean? That was the most inspirational thing I've heard all day."

She rolled her eyes and chuckled as she said, "Shut up."

And that is how the rest of the dinner went. The both of them joking around with each other, Louis telling her how and why he became an actor.

After dinner, the two took a stroll on a sidewalk that let you walk along the side of the water, giving you a perfect view of the city ahead of you.

"Well, I had fun tonight,"  Alyce said with both hands clasped behind her back. 

"I did too,"  Louis responded, looking down at her.  Oh, how beautiful she looks with the city lights on her gorgeous skin.

"May I ask you something?" 

She looked up at him through her eyelashes, a smile-like grin creeps up on her face, "Depends on what it is."

He just gazed at her, and she gazed back.  Her hands were still behind her back, while one of his still rubbed the back of his neck slowly. 

"I—um."  He stumbled upon his words, breathlessly.

"That isn't a question, Partridge."

"Will— you —shit."  He groaned, throwing his head back. 

"Louis—"  Alyce said quietly.

Fuck this.

Louis gently, but quickly held her face in both of his palms and crashed his lips to hers.

She gasped into his mouth, caught off-guard. Louis was about to pull away, embarrassed for letting himself go, but just as he was about to step away, Alyce kissed him back.

Alyce could feel him smile against her lips.

It was like fireworks going off all around them. 

An explosion. 

An apocalypse. 

Louis was the first to pull away, even though he didn't want to. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time." He confessed, eyes completely dilated.

"Yeah?" She whispered.

"Yeah." He mumbled softly against her lips.

"Oh, and by the way, that still wasn't a ques—" He silenced her with another kiss.

_ _ _

A/N -

They're so awkward with each other... I love it.

Louis was extremely bold in this chapter...

I published a new story if anyone wants to check it out :)

Do I want this to have a sad ending? Yes, yes I do. Will I do it?.... I'm not sure

Thank you for 13k reads!!!

- Cadie ♡

_

_

_