AIR ZEBRA

(School story go brrrrrrr-)

Walking around in New York city at 8 in the morning, the 6th of October, I had my hands in my pockets. Normal morning in New York, right? Wrong. I decided to look up because I heard an odd noise. There was a zebra. I blinked. How..? I squinted. There was a zebra on that line, alright.. I didn't even understand how it was even balancing like that. I can't even balance as well as the zebra. I frowned, looking to try and spot where the line started and ended. Both wher fairly tall buildings. Perhaps I truly was just tired.. I frowned again, not understanding the current situation. I saw a fire escape on one of the buildings, wondering if that had been how the zebra had gone up. It looked reasonably easy for the animal to make its way up. Going up myself, I stood just in front of the line. How had it reached the middle of the said line? I looked down the line. Big mistake. I stepped back in an almost terror. I looked back to the zebra, it now beginning to trot down the line. I swallowed thickly and slowly began down the line, holding my arms out for balance. I closed my eyes tight, almost herding the black and white mammal down the thin line. I felt terrified, trying my hardest to focus on the zebra. It was hard, trying not to look down again. Several times, I stumbled, positive of death, but had managed to regain balance. Now, for the people below, this was in no way a normal sight. Though, perhaps it was, thinking on it. It was New York after all.. I had reached the zebra, slowly holding onto it. We both moved down the line, eventually reaching the other building. Gripping the horse for dear life as I stepped off the line, I began to get teary eyed. I blinked away tears, before spotting a fire escape on this building. Herding the zebra down the fire escape, leading it to the ground, it neighed at me, seeming to smile. I wondered if it was from the zoo. That would make sense.. The zoo was only a few blocks away. Leading the horse slowly to the zoo, I sighed to myself. Around 20-30 minutes later, the zebra had in fact been from the zoo. I had safely found it and turned it in. It was now only 9 in the morning. I sighed. It would be a long day..