Chapter 3:His Scars

Working Under the Wolf

Chapter 3: His Scars

It's Friday today and I can't wait for the weekend. The first week of school was okay, could've been better, but who the hell cares?

Homework was kicking me in the ass, though. Since I had missed a week of school I hadn't missed a lot of things but I was taking 2 AP classes which turned out to be a bust.

Lemme list the homework I have to do. By the way, I made a goal this year that I would finish all my homework on Friday so that I could have the weekend for myself. Usually I would have left my homework till the last minute but last year I ended up missing a lot of homework for some of my classes because I left the homework till Sunday night, or Monday night, I cant really remember.

Okay, so for 1st I have Government and no homework since we still haven't gotten our textbooks. 2nd I had Calculus and I did have a worksheet to finish but I had started some of it so I wasn't really worried, plus I had taken notes and had asked my teacher questions about the lesson because a lot of the time I had no fuckin' idea what the hell he was saying.

For 3rd I had my first AP class, Spanish. Spanish is an easy class, the only trouble is that our teacher hands out a lot of homework. I had about 20 vocabulary words that I had to find definitions and make up a sentence for. Also I had to read a story inside my Spanish textbook and answer questions.

4th I had my second AP class, English. This class was also okay. Our teacher let us talk amongst ourselves and never really had any rules. She just said that we could do whatever we wanted as long as we did our homework and class work. Today, we had to read a couple of articles about whatever we wanted to write an essay about and on Monday morning we had to turn in an essay and orally present it. Now this is the one that is scarring me. I don't actually like presenting in front of people and you will be rest assured that I will wake up extra early to make myself presentable.

And for my last 2 classes I have no idea.

I'm sitting right now in Photography class, the class is hardly full and I have no one to talk to right now since Jamie didn't come to school today.

Oh, and for those of you who read the beginning of this, I must apologize for boring you to tears.

Ms. Smith was in the front of the class, a couple of boxes apparently filled with cameras.

I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to get any homework for this class and for my last class since my last class was History and I heard the teacher was absent today.

More kids began to pile in, I smiled slightly at some of them. I didn't really talk to a lot of people here, except Jamie, Charlotte and Rafael.

At the mention of his name, I turned fully to stare at Rafael's empty desk. This wasn't a big surprise. Usually he was one of the last students scurrying in.

Well, Rafael more liked strutted down because Rafael never would scurry, or so he says. Hands inside his jacket pockets and a long stride. His blue-grey eyes looking forward and carrying with them a mysterious glint. Rafael's hands were always halfway closed, his green tattooed snake closed off to the rest of us.

"What'cha lookin' at, Carmen?" I practically jumped when I heard Rafael's voice.

I quickly turned around to face him, my mouth slightly open and my cheeks red.

He stood in front of my desk, giving me a weird expression. Today he was wearing blue jeans, black boots and a deep purple long sleeve. I momentarily stared at his body, seeing as this was the first time he hadn't worn his leather jacket. The shirt fit him nicely, not too tight that it was distracting. I knew he was very tall, but I had always figured he was a stick, But, as it turns out, he wasn't.