Chapter 1

The bells chimed softly bringing in a biting draft. The receptionist's head lifted towards the door, red blouse bursting and dark hair immaculately layered. Averting his eyes, wet droplets followed as he placed the umbrella in the corner of the waiting area. Yellow rimmed glasses and red coated lips met him when he turned around.

'You're early,' she said curtly, hand sticking out. Confused, he saw her gesture towards him. Realizing he took off his chunky brown coat and gave it to her. She grabbed it with no concern, 'She's not in at the moment but should be back soon.'

'I don't have long,' he yawned.

'Don't worry, neither does she,' he heard her mumble. Smirking he sat down and picked up the 2018 World of Interior's magazine laid on the table.

Stepping hard on the clutch, she peered in the side mirror and turned the steering wheel. The burly man with a stringy grey beard beckoned her to keep coming. She inched closer towards the large entrance; attention concentrated on the man's turning hands. Then loud shouts and a frantic wave signaled her to stop. Stepping on the brakes, she placed the truck in neutral. The stalling windscreen wipers scraped when she turned the ignition. Opening the door, the wind gusted through her hair.

Running to get under cover, she rushed past blue and green vests. Inside the dark warehouse Speckle-Mart workers unloaded the crates of fruits and vegetables. 'Ey, long time no see!' a large hand slapped the side of her shoulder. Startled, her leg bumped against a stack of crates, causing a line of boxes to fall. Some of the workers turned but quickly averted their eyes upon seeing the big boss.

'B.M, it's good to see you,' she rubbed her shoulder, 'Damn, are you lifting bulls or something.'

He laughed, 'Not yet,' hands on his hips, he stared at the delivery truck, 'How was the ride here? Didn't think the effects of the typhoon would reach this far.'

She stared out the entrance, lightning splitting the sky, 'Yeah, the road conditions were awful. But I made plenty of stops to be safe.'.

'That's good. When's your next trip? Surely Taemin won't let you guys be driving until this all clears," he pointed outside.

'Depends,' with the back of her sleeve she wiped some specks off her thick, black-tinted glasses, 'But I'm not scheduled for another long-distance trip until the end of the month.'

He smiled broadly, 'Finally, that gives us enough time to truly settle that poker score'.

Chu-Chu café not only made the best version of her favorite drink- a chai latte with a dash of cinnamon- but because the baked goods were so tasty- the lemon tart was to die for- the place was always packed. Sitting at the counter, she checked her phone and saw a reminder from her calendar. Before tapping on it, a waft of warmth drifted her way. Jisoo smiled at her.

'Tell Lesly I added extra cocoa to her coffee,' she placed a brown package with the Chu-Chu green bunny rabbit logo next to the takeaway cups.

Taking a second to drink in the scent of the tea and coffee, Jennie shivered, 'Oh my goodness, I could gobble this all up right here.'

'Well, call Lesly, you two could just have brunch here, on me of course.'

'I wish I could Chu, but I have a meeting in about,' she tapped on the reminder, 'ten minutes. And it's with a client from hell.'

'Aah, the devil, I've heard some shitty things about him.'

'Don't even get me started', Jennie tried not to roll her eyes. A set of blue scrubs rushed up to the counter.