𝐱𝐢𝐯. chapter twelve

Start from the beginning

"oh, there's always more to the story with you."

✍︎︎

drew stands near the fire pit, not too close that the heat singes the hair on his legs but not too far that he doesn't hear the crackles and pops of the wood letting out oxygen.

his eyes search the beach, it's been forty minutes and practically everyone is here— except for derrielle, who told him earlier in the day that she'll "be a little late."

he dry laughs at some joke that someone said, to not cause suspicion on why his demeanor suddenly changed. he is beginning to worry— he hasn't seen her until this morning when they greeted each other.

all he said was "good morning, elle."
all she said was "mornin' drew, lovely weather we're having," as if it wasn't pouring. (thankfully, the weather did clear up later today.)

neither had mentioned anything about them trending on twitter, or the instagram posts, nor the instagram comments. they just smiled at each other and continued on with their hectic schedule.

"try to stay dry!" he yelled for her, as she quickly ran back to where she was supposed to be going.

"you too! see ya later!" she yelled back, watching him grin as he waved goodbye.

now, it's later. too late.
closer to midnight than he anticipated.

"hey, maddie," he says, walking towards the blonde who is busy talking with elaine.

"oh, what's up drewsky?" madelyn asks, turning to face her quote-unquote big brother.

"have you heard from from elle?" he asks, rolling his eyes a bit at the nickname before taking a sip of his beer.

"why? is she still not here?" maddie questions, her eyebrows contorting as she quickly pulls her phone out of her back jean pocket to check the time. "have you heard from her?"

"no, not at all," drew shakes his head, settling down his drink. "she told me she would be a little late but not this late," he also pulls out his phone, quickly unlocking it to check his messages:

 "she told me she would be a little late but not this late," he also pulls out his phone, quickly unlocking it to check his messages:

Tonight 9:16 pm

hey i'm gonna be a little late tn
i told maddie already but just wanted to lyk

okay thanks
read 9:37 pm

hey are you still coming?
delivered 10:03 pm