The raid

That night we got ready for the raid on the castle, to be honest, I was quite nervous. It was my first time really going to battle however I felt like I was well prepared. Ed, Peter, Susan, Caspian and I were all carried by griffins, in that way we could invade the castle unnoticed. A griffin would drop Ed off at a tower and as soon as we were ready he would signal the troops. Caspian, Su, Peter and I first went searching for Caspian's professor. We climbed down a wall and went inside through a window, Caspian went first and I went last. As I was climbing down I could feel two firm hands grabbing my waist and pulling me through the window. "Thanks prince" I smirked " Anytime princess" Caspian responded. "Professor?" Caspian whispered as we walked further into the room, suddenly he stopped and grabbed a pair of glasses, I guess they belong to his professor. I can see the worried look in his eyes, Caspian turns to Peter "I have to find him.". "You don't have time. You have to get to the gatehouse." Peter said. "You wouldn't even be here without him. Neither would I" he said now looking at me, looking for support. I and Peter exchange glances "He's right Peter, I will go with him and we'll make sure we're at the gatehouse intime!" . Susan nodded agreeing and supported me "We can deal with Miraz" she said looking at Peter. He gave in eventually, Caspian and I ran off. We now arrived at what I think are supposed to be the cells and as I feared there he was, Caspian's professor lying in one of them not moving. Caspian looked at me and I nodded telling him I would guard the door while he went to get the professor. I could hear them talking but I couldn't understand a word they were saying. Suddenly, Caspian walked out and looked at me with teary eyes. "Cas? What happened?" I said while cupping his face. "I th-thin-think he killed my father" he stuttered. "Who did Cas?" "Miraz, my uncle, his brother". I felt my heart break into a million pieces. "What do you want do now Cas?" "I just want the truth for once." "Then the truth is what you'll get, let's go get this son of a bitch! Lead the way prince!" "God, I love you" he said while running off.

Uhhh excuse me, what did he just say?!

I ran after him not understanding the words that just left his mouth. After running through the whole castle we arrived at what I guess is Miraz's chambers. Caspian sneaked in and held his sword to the tyrant on his neck, he woke up and shook his wife awake. I kept myself hidden, I wanted to have the element of surprise. "Thank goodness, you're safe" Miraz said sarcastically at Caspian. "Get up" Caspian spat. "Caspian?" Miraz's wife asked in disbelief. Miraz got up and now stood in front of Caspian who held a firm grip onto his sword that was still at Miraz's throat. "Stay where you are" he said at the women. "What are you doing?" she asked. "I think it's obvious dear" Caspian looked back at Miraz. "You know, some might consider this inappropriate behaviour." Miraz said smirking. "That doesn't seemed to have stopped you." Caspian spat at Miraz. "But you're not like me, are you? ... It‟s sad. The first time you so any backbone, and it's such a waste." The woman was now pointing a crossbow at Caspian "Put the sword down Caspian. I don't want to do this." "Neither do I" I said coming out of a dark corner in the room. "And neither do we" Peter and Susan said entering the room, we were all gathered around Miraz's bed now. "This used to be a private room" Miraz said sarcastically. "Caspian, what are you doing? You're supposed to be at the gatehouse." Peter yelled at him frustrated. "No! Tonight, for once, I want the truth!" Caspian exclaimed and turned to Miraz "Did you kill my father?" Miraz smiled being the psychopath he is "Now we get to it." His wife turned to him in disbelief "You told me your brother died in his sleep." " That was more or less true." Miraz answered. Caspian teared up hearing the truth but his eyes were also filled with rage. He takes a few steps towards Miraz, and the tyrant is forced to step back against the window. "Did you kill my father?" he spat. Now Susan walked forwards and tried to reason with the prince "Caspian, this won't make things any better." "Please Su, got him some slack! What would you do in his situation?" she nodded agreeing with me. Miraz "We Telmarines would have nothing had we not taken it. Your father knew that as well as anyone." His woman lowers the crossbow a little "How could you?" Miraz answered " For the same reason you will pull that trigger!" Miraz starts walking forward, and Caspian slowly steps back. Susan yelled "Stop! Stay right there!" I got her back " Do what she says!" Miraz continued " For our son! You must choose. Do you want our child to be king or do you want him to be like Caspian here? Fatherless!" His wife yelled in agony "No!" she shoots at Caspian but without thinking I jump in front of it, I fell over in pain. "Maria!" Capsian yelled. This gave Miraz an opportunity to escape through a secret door in the wall. They all rushed over to me "Maria?! What the fuck were you thinking?!". "Oh shut up!" I said while pulling out the arrow. "Let's go idiots, we have to fight a war remember." My siblings ran out of the room and Caspian said "Even when you just got shot you're cocky as hell." I laughed "Admit it prince, you like it" I said as I winked to him and ran out of the room. As we were running to the courtyard we were all trying to convince Peter that it was too late and that we should blow it off. "Peter, please listen to us!" Susan tried "Come on, our army is just outside!" I was really getting pissed of by my brother. We tried to reason with him but it was no use so we helped him open the gate so that our troops could get in. My siblings, Caspian and I got ready to battle "For Narnia!!!" Peter yelled, "For Narnia!!" Su and I followed. We all started eliminating as many Telmarine soldiers as we could. I already killed loads of them, when I looked up to Miraz with a smirk when I just killed one of his generals. I could see the panic in his eyes "Kill that girl!!!" he yelled at the soldiers but they were too busy fighting. I continued fighting and killing lots of Telmarines, when suddenly I saw someone who was sneaking one Caspian from behind. The soldier tried to stab Caspian but I flicked my dagger in his heart to prevent my precious prince from dying, he noticed the soldier falling onto the ground and quickly understood it was my dagger who saved his life. He looked up at me and mouthed thank you, I nodded. I saw some fear in his eyes, I think he knew we were nit going to win this battle. All of the sudden, I saw a sword sticking out of my stomach. I just got stabbed, I fell on the floor screaming in pain and trying to get the sword out. The pain was terrible, I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness but I tried to stay awake. I didn't succeed at getting the sword out and when I looked at my hands they were covered in a thick red liquid and that's when everything went black.

~Second POV~

A few moments later Peter called everyone to pull back as Miraz started to fire at the minotaur who was holding up the gate, if the gate closed it would have meant the end of our kings and queens. Caspian was furious, just like Susan. They were all too busy being angry and fleeing that they had never noticed Maria slowly dying on the ground. Luckily one of the centaurs saw her and picked her, they were just able to escape unless the others. They all went back to the How without saying a word, the tension was incredibly thick. When they arrived at the fortress Lucy approached her siblings "What happened?" she said noticing only a few that have returned. "Ask him" Peter said looking at Caspian. " Me? You could have called it off. There was still time." " No there wasn‟t thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now." Caspian shook his head in disbelief, how could this boy be so arrogant?! " And, if you'd just stayed here as I suggested, they definitely would be!" Peter was starting to lose his shit " You called us, remember?" Caspian now had enough " My first mistake." "No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." "Hey!! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia." " You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia‟s better off without the lot of you!" Caspian shouted at this expression and they both draw their swords. "Enough!" Ed and Susan yell. "Where is Maria?" Lucy asked. She was looking for Maria for ten minutes straight now but couldn't find her. "Maria?!" all of them shouted, a centaur walked forward carrying Maria bridal style. She was covered in blood and wasn't breathing. "Maria!" Caspian yelled tearing up as the centaur laid her on the floor. Lucy came with her cordial and poured a few drops in her mouth. Caspian's breath hitched in his throat, how could not have noticed that she was missing?! Caspian turned to Peter in complete rage "This is your fault! If you had listened to your sister and stayed her she would still be alive!" Peter was startled and as Caspian walked away Peter yelled at him "Why do you care anyway!". Caspian was furious "Because I care about your sister! Because I love your sister!" he walked into the How. He would wait for news on his beloved princess.

~Maria's POV~

When I started to wake up I heard a lot of shouting, there was one voice I recognised and when I heard what that voice said I almost fainted again. "Because I love your sister!" I heard Caspian say before he walked away if it wasn't for my sore body I would have ran after him. I slowly got up with the help of Lucy and Susan, I turned to them and thanked them but said I wanted to be alone for now. As I walked into the How, I made eye contact with Peter, I couldn't handle myself "I'm so disappointed in you, for now, I don't want to see you!". I was having a mental breakdown but my top priority was to find my prince and let him know I felt the same.