Chapter One

A beautiful voice that came from the stage echoed through the bar, she smiled while moving to the edge of the stage before hitting the last high pitch note. As the crowd clapped she her smiled which turned into a laugh and she slightly bowed in thanks. Quickly taking a drink, Waiting for the crowd to quiet.

" I can't thank you enough for the warm welcome that you guys have given me, I have one last song for you guys and it's not an original but actually, something my mom sang here in Charming years ago. So for anyone who heard her sing it sorry if I'm not up to par."

The spot light turned on to the woman, her appearance was more noticeable now. She pushed her curly mahogany hair behind her ears as she listened to the intro of Valery.

"Well sometimes I go out by myself," a few claps and smiles came from the audience.

"And I look across the water, and I think of all the things, what you've doing. And in my head, I paint a picture."

She stepped off the stage and to a table where a couple of men helped her on the top,

"Since I've come on home, well my body's been a mess and I missed your ginger hair and the way you like to dress. Wont you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me. Why don't you come on over, Valerie? Valerie, Valerie, Valerie."

A few quiet voices were singing along with this beautiful woman who look so happy; she jumped off the table and slowly walked to a man wearing a biker colours. Sitting on this blue eyed man's lap she sang,

"Did you have to go to jail. Put your house on up for sale, did you get a good lawyer? I hope you didn't catch a tan, I hope you find the right man who'll fix it for ya. Are you shopping anywhere, changed the colour of your hair, are you busy? And did you have to pay that fine. That you were dodging all the time, are you still dizzy?"

Slowly moving her hips side to side and moving off the man's lap she grabbed his hand and squeezed it before smiling and moving to a man who had scars on both his cheeks. She stood behind him and ran her hand down his front and stopped at his belt; she took a step beside and threw her leg up and placed it on the edge of the table.

"Since I've come on home, well my body's been a mess and I've missed your ginger hair. And the way you like to dress, won't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me," Grinning she moved her leg from the table to the other and sat side ways on his lap. "Why don't you come on over, Valerie? Valerie, Valerie, Valerie. Well sometimes I go out by myself. And I look across the water, and I think of all the things, what you're doing
And in my head, I paint a picture."

She nodded her head and smiled to the strangers before moving her way back to the stage, She sang the last verse with more passion than the rest of the song,

"Since I've come on home, well my body's been a mess. And I've missed your ginger hair, and the way you like to dress. Won't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me
Why don't you come on over, Valerie? Valeria, Valerie, Valerie, Valerie, Valerie, Valerie, Valeria."

She bowed and smiled again before thanking everyone again before going into the back to get changed. She touched up her make-up and changed into blue jeans and a tank top that stopped about an inch above her jeans, allowing a tiny bit of her hip tattoo to be seen. Grabbing her leather jacket, she walked back out of the room and to the bar. A young man probably at least 10 years younger than her came up beside her.

Sticking out his hand he smiled, "Henry."

"Scarlett."

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"Are you even old enough to be here?"

"I'm 23, not much older than you."

"Ha that sweet of you Henry but I'm much too old for you."