Only in Name

Sunday 09:32 AM 

Jason stared in the mirror while wearing a matte black suit, he then sighed and sat down on his bed. "Why do I have to do this", Jason mumbled. 

Apparently today one of the people Jason's mother knew was getting married for the second time, and Jason and his parents had been invited. His little brother however wasn't allowed to come, since he was too young. So Jason's parents decided it would be best if they left Jason's little brother at their aunts house.

"Do I have to go to i-i's house?", Jason's little brother said glumly. "We're going to a wedding, and you're still young to come with us honey", Jason's mom said attempting to brighten up her youngest. "You can't come because you're still 8 or 9", Said Clay ; Jason's older brother. "C'mon Clay, don't be so mean, the only thing you do anyway is play Pokémon with your brother on a screen", The woman said unimpressed. "Well it's just a wedding, and the person is getting married for the second time", Clay said a bit insulted by what his mother just said. "Also Pokémon is a wide and amazing community, several tv shows and movies have been made about it and even people your age play it". The twin's mother still looked unimpressed from his explanation, even bored. "It's just a game Clay" His mother replied, then the car suddenly stopped. "We're here", The man sitting in the driver's seat said. The man wore a golden wedding ring and a matte black suit similar to Jason's, just with a golden tie. "Thanks" The twin's mother said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N : Jason's actual brother asked me to change his name, so I changed it to Clay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason's mother and father didn't seem to have a very affectionate relationship. Initially they got married to stabilize the partnership between their family's companies. But still, they eventually got used to each other yet shared no affection. Their marriage? Well it was only in name. 

Honestly, Jason hated his dad. Not for the reasons you'd think he would. Truthfully his dad had a lover before marrying Jason's mom. Jason heard that they'd been together since his dad was 12. Jason's dad was expecting to marry his past lover and run away to a tropical island, but abandoned the woman to marry another. Jason disliked this about his dad, his dad would give up anything for the sake of his family's company. Whether it be his hopes and dreams or true love. The only thing that mattered to that man was his maternal family. This disgusted Jason, but Jason was also disgusted with himself. He saw his father as a coward, unable to decide for himself but that man was still his father. As he was still in thought, he felt a pat on his shoulder.