I feel like he's talking to a peasant. I look at his boots next to mine.

And I slowly realise what he's doing, now that the shock has died off.

He's being a fucking pig. He's trying to 'show me' my place.

Breathing in tight, I stand up now, until I'm flush with his cold skin, and I'm still smaller but I don't care as I look right up into his dead eyes.

"Back off," I snap, "You scared me and you made me drop the polish and now you demand me to clean up your mess. How dare you? I have no reason to stay here if you're going to be so mean for no reason."

"I'm not being mean," Claudius bites back, nor does he blink as he matches my glare, "I'm telling you to get down quickly, if you dare do such a horrible thing – and wipe it up before it dries in the frigid air. I wasn't aware you were scared of me, Alix."

"I'm not scared of you," I growl.

"Then why are you so defensive with me?" Claudius blinks, finally, and looks away, and steps away.

Seemingly exasperated, and so am I.

As he's turned from me for a split second, I quickly lean over and wipe up the mark, it doesn't come off straight away so I spit on it and wipe it again. It starts to come off.

As I'm finishing, I feel a hard smack on my ass.

A cheeky slap.

I shoot upright and look at Claudius.

Who is not there.

I turn around.

And he's there.

I'm up against his chest again, so I step right back, hands up.

"You spanked me," I state, "The hell?"

"Why are you blushing?" Claudius asks, a neutral look on his face, "Did you like it?"

"No of course I –"

My eyes roll down to Fontaine's lifted boot, which is now on the bench.

"Would you agree?" Claudius inquires, a dark brow raised inquisitively, "Say yes... dare to obey. Maybe I'll reward you later if you're a good girl for me today."

"I haven't agreed to those kind of games," I gulp, "What is the response to 'no', another damn spank with your gloved hand?"

"...the belt then," Fontaine changes his tone, getting quite serious, since he doesn't appreciate me demeaning his spanking threat.

My lips twitch up and down, as I slowly drop to my knees.

Fucking asshole.

The very moment I finished cleaning his boots, I was getting in my car and ditching this place for the day.

I pick up the polish dramatically and press it to his boots.

I watch as nothing is applied, despite the pressure of me swiping it over his shoe.

"This is going to take a while," I smile sarcastically and put on an overly joyful tone as I rub the polish over uselessly in circles, smiling up at him.

"The polish won't work, but a bodily fluid will, your saliva will do," Fontaine adds, "You can lick it clean."

"You've walked through horseshit –"

"The dust won't taste like anything to you," he whispers, "Trust me, Alix. I'm looking after you." I was sure he was looking after himself... but...