✻ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 27✻

Start from the beginning

"Well-"

"Hey! Stay out of my way! That girl is going to marry me! Because she's in love w-" Zenitsu is quickly cut off when the girl delivers a hard smack to his cheek.

"Hey! Ouch! That hurts! Stop it!" Zenitsu screams as the girl repeatedly smacks him over and over. (Y/N) hurriedly walks up to the two and grabs the girls arm.

"Please stop hurting him, he's just an idiot." She hesitantly tries to give a reassuring smile at the angry girl.

The girl finally stops as Zenitsu screams in agony. "When did I ever say I'm in love with you!" The girl yells, pointing angrily at Zenitsus sniveling form. "You were crumpled up on the side of the road and looked ill! All I did was call out to you!"

"You mean you didn't reach out to me out of love because you were worried?" Zenitsu yells back with even more tears dripping down his face.

"I already have a fiancé, so not on your life! Since you're so full of energy, you must be fine now, right!? Have a very nice day!" And with that, the girl turns around and stomps away.

"W-Wait, come back! Come.." Zenitsu reaches out to her.

"Look, cut it out!" Tanjiro tries to tell Zenitsu again.

"Wh-Why'd you get in my way? This has nothing to do with you!" Tanjiro looks down at Zenitsu with the most disgusted and judgmental face.

"What's with that look on your face?! Stop it! Why are you staring at me like i'm some inhuman creature or something?! Help me!" Zenitsu yells, grabbing onto (Y/N) upon realizing she was still there.

"Hey! Let go of her!" Tanjiro tries to pry Zenitsu off again but this time he's really gripping hard.

"No! It's your fault that girl didn't want to marry me!" Zenitsu cries into (Y/N)s abdomen.
Tanjiro stares down at him with the disgusted face again, and upon the silence, Zenitsu looks up. "Geez, say something! And stop with that look!" (Y/N) hesitantly pats his head, trying to somewhat comfort him.

Upon contact, Zenitsu immediately snaps his attention to (Y/N). "Please marry me! I'm going to die, so marry me! I beg of you! You're all I have!" Zenitsu begins to cry, even more somehow, while heavily blushing at her caring action.

"She's not going to marry you! Now let her go!" Tanjiro tries with all his strength to pull Zenitsu off. After a few seconds of struggle, Tanjiro finally pulled Zenitsu off, resulting in Zenitsu falling onto the ground again.

Zenitsu angrily looks up at Tanjiro, "Listen up! I'm going to die soon! My next job will be the death of me! Thing is, I'm a complete weakling, okay? Don't underestimate me! You've got to protect me until I get married, you hear me?"

Tanjiro slaps his hand against his chest, "My name is Kamado Tanjiro!" Before pointing to the fidgety (Y/N) beside him, "Her name is (L/N) (Y/N)!"

"Is that right? My apologies!" Zenitsu crawls up and begins gripping onto (Y/N) once more, to Tanjiros displeasure.

"I'm Agatsuma Zenitsu! Please save me, (Y/N)!"

"What do you mean, save you? What was your reason for picking up the blade, Zenitsu?" Tanjiro speaks up, gripping onto Zenitsu again. "Why are you acting so blatantly shameless? And please let go of (Y/N)!"

"Sure are harsh, aren't you?! I got swindled by some woman and racked up all this debt! The old geezer who took it over for me was a cultivator! I went through hellish training day after day! It was so bad that I thought I'd be better off dead! I was hoping I'd die during the Final Selection, but since I was fortunate enough to survive, I'm still through hell every single day!" Zenitsu shoves his face against (Y/N)s stomach again before suddenly flipping back into a weird pose, "I'm so scared! Scared! Scared! Beyond scared! I just know that I'm gonna get gobbled up by a demon sooner or later! My brains are gonna get sucked out through my ears while I'm still alive! No! Please, no! Please save me!"