What I Could Remember

Thick warm blood was rushing faster and faster towards my awaiting head. Within minutes I felt the emptiness in my feet spreading into my my pudgy, pale legs. My head was pounding as it hung a good couple feet away from the dusty hard surface beneath me. The faster the blood rushed to my head, the louder the sound of pounding filled my ears. My long dark hair dangled below me, sweeping up the musky dirt that covered the space below.

I was wearing a loose bubble gum pink v-neck shirt that folded over to reveal my yellow and white polka dotted bra. However, vertical stripes the colors of the rainbow imprinted onto my cheap, fraying, stretched out underwear, did not compliment the pattern on my oversized bra. Suddenly this made me realize that my fatty thighs that kissed together; were bare and uncovered. The cool crispness of the summer breeze that brushed up against the back of my legs sent a shiver through the backside of my overheated body.

The white as milk skin on my obese stomach, started to sizzle like crispy bacon from the heat of the beaming sun. Something was draped over my mouth and the bridge of my nose; then the remaining smell of the cheap perfume I sprayed across my chest, slowly made its way to my nose. I then knew that it was the same pink v-neck that had pit stains under each armpit.

The shirt was making it harder and harder for each sniffle of breath to reach my lungs, and fill my brain with oxygen, reminding me of my last and final chance.

Grey sticky tape sealed my dry, cracked lips together. The same stickiness pinned my scarred wrists, and ankles together. Not only did tape smash my ankles together, but an itchy, burning rope was tightened just above my feet. The itchy rope must have been hanging from a thick, sturdy branch of a tall tree. A flimsy limb holding my kind of weight, would snap faster than the scrawny bones of a zebra, placed in the titanium jaws of a lion's mouth. My short shaky arms that hung over my head, framed my round, plump head perfectly. Yet I could slowly feel the same emptiness I felt before making its way to the top of my body.

The soft cotton from the t-shirt rubber against my nose, causing there to be an itching irritation. It irked my mind when I had no way to vanish the temptation of scratching the skin on my nose. My armpits were moist and wet with a foul odor, that engulfed the space around me. I was for certain that yellow marks that were already present, were even more permanently stained.

My hands were now lost in the tangled ratted mess of my hair. The stickiness of the tape that held my wrists together, was clinging to some strands of my dark chocolate almond curls. Small stings of pain struck my head when thin dark curls were being pulled by the grey tape, and tried to detach from my dry, flaky scalp. Bright rays of fiery sun shot straight into my eyes forcing me to squint tightly. Yet I still managed to keep a sliver of my eyes visible, so I could still observe the area I was confined in.

I could feel the emptiness easing up into my neck, then my chin, and now the bottom of my sealed lips. Time was running out before I would lose all consiousness; and I was not prepared for the final moments to come.
Voices overcame my thumping ears, making the sounds seems like slim whispers. I thought for sure it was God giving me his right hand to take into heaven. I didn't actually believe in a God, but it sounded right in this particular moment. As my ears became as attentive as possible, the voices sounded like there was more than one mouth opening and closing, making words escape from their free lips. Though I couldn't identify how many people there were, their voices were in a deep octave, which made me think the small crowd approaching me were male; aging from mid twenties to early fourties. Among the voices, I could also hear slow, heavy wailing, yet I was unsure of who it was coming from.

It was a battle keeping my eyes open, yet when I dug the strength out of me and scanned the upside down area I was in; only green bushes, yellow leaves, and coffee colored dirt was in my line of vision. The people must have been drawing near to me, facing towards my back side. This thought made me squirm inside, acknowledging my present appearance. It also poured a bucket of fear upon me, wondering who they are, why are they coming, did they have something to do with how I became upside down, dangling from a tree?

As my deteriorating mind wondered, each word the men said faded more and more. Each syllable that was pronounced, jumbled into a darkened silence. It actually felt as if the blood in my head was spilling over and drowning me. Even if it wasn't, the emptiness and blood rush made my vision go into a deep bottomless bur. Only a dim light was alive in my mind, which was left to give me my final choice of life; or death.

My selfish mind told me that I was ready to leave, ready to escape from the world, but before I could completely shut and lock this door, on this life, in this pitiful world; they reached me.

: Will be updating soon!! Thanks for the comments and hope you enjoy so far!!:)