Part Fifteen

The Winter Soldier is getting closer and closer to you and you're terrified.

''Come on Jamie, now would be a good time to come back to me.'' You plead.

You decide not to move and just watch as the soldat circles around you, like a predator and its prey.

You take deep breaths to try and stay calm, you don't make a move just in case it would set him off and you keep watching him from the corner of your eyes.

After what felt like forever, but in reality was only a few seconds, the Winter Soldier stops moving around and attacks you.

You have never been more grateful for your training as you are now. You are able to avoid getting hit several times, you even manage to get a few punches in but your strength is nothing compared to the Soldier's, he barely feels anything. You fight as best as you can, avoid as many hits as you can and stay on your feet as long as you can.

You are holding your own pretty well for a non super soldier, but unfortunately you are getting out of breath and your body starts to slow down.

He finally manages to overpower you and slams you against the wall, knocking the wind out of your lungs. He punches you with his right hand and for the first time in your entire life, you feel the skin break. You raise your hand to your face and touch your cheek. You pull it away and see blood on your fingertips.

''How?''

You are so surprised that for a few seconds you forget where you are and what is happening, until his right hand closes around your throat and he lifts you from the ground.

Instinctively both your hands grab his wrist as a desperate effort to pull yourself free.

''Bucky, please come back. Please.'' You beg as panic rises through you, your voice is strained from the pressure on your throat.

For some reason, he's able to hurt you which means he's also able to kill you and if he doesn't let go soon you're going to run out of oxygen.

''Bucky.'' You cry out. ''Please.'' You try pulling yourself free as your eyes fill up with tears from the lack of oxygen and the sheer terror running through your body.

You see something flicker in his eyes, it was so quick you thought you had imagined it but he finally lets go of you, letting you fall to the ground.

You grab your throat with both hands as you inhale sharply, trying to get as much oxygen as possible back into your lungs and ignoring how much it burns every time you breathe. You cough a few times and quickly look up. You were sure that Bucky was back, it was the only reason why the Winter Soldier would let you go but the fist connecting with your jaw and knocking you out cold would convince you otherwise once you'd wake up.

Your body hurts so badly. Your skin, muscles and even bones feel like they are on fire. You hear voices around you, but they seem so far away, you can't hear what they are saying. You groan and slowly open your eyes. You blink a few times and look around you.

You're still on the ground in the warehouse and you notice how the sun isn't shining as brightly as it was earlier, meaning that it had probably been hours since you were knocked out.

When your eyes finally come into focus, you can see Steve, Natasha and Bruce rushing to you.

''I thought she wasn't able to get hurt!'' Steve almost yells at Bruce.

''She isn't!''

''The blood and bruises on her body tells me otherwise, Bruce.''

Steve rapidly kneels next to you and gently takes your head between his hands. ''Toots. Look at me.''