So Trolls And Talking Amulets Are A Thing Now

Start from the beginning

He growled in frustration, and ripped you off his head, which was difficult due to your strong grip. He threw you into the middle beam with a loud thud, as pain shot through your body. Your vision became hazy, as you tried to recover from another bout of disorientation.

Bular jumped to a higher beam, just before Kanjigar flipped himself back onto the beam. He was quickly ambushed from above by Bular, who managed to pin him down right at the edge of the outer beam. Kanjigar's blade fell and hit the ground below, beige disappearing.

Tick Tick Tick

"This is the end." Growled Bular.

You struggled to get up onto your feet, and managed to with a heavy breath. You had to help.

Bular shoved Kanjigar's face into the sun, causing half of it to burn and turn to stone. Through your haze, you managed to charge towards them. You grabbed Bular's hand right when he tried to Rip the amulet from out if Kanjigar's armour, and held it up into the sunlight. Bular screamed in pain, as his hand and forearm burned in the sunlight and turned to stone. He quickly ripped his hand from your grasp, and backhanded you hard , sending you flying off the beams, and crashing hard into the canal below. You cried out in pain, as the wound on your head reopened. A small pool of blood formed around your head, causing your hair to become warm, wet, and matty.

Tick Tick Tick

You couldn't see the two from your position, but you could hear them clearly.

"It's me, or the sun. Either way, you're doomed."

"No. The amulet will find a champion. We will stop you and your master. I may end, but the fight will not."

You then saw Kanjigar stepping back over the ledge.

"Kanjigar, no!" You cried out.

Your pleas did nothing, as Kanjigar fell from the beams. The sunlight burned him and turned him to stone. You heard him breath his last words, before he hit the ground and smashed into a thousand pieces. Bular roared in frustration, and punched the beam making it crack.

You later there frozen, unable to look away from the remains of your friend. You flinched back into a sitting position, when Bular came out of nowhere and tried to reach for the amulet. He tried several times to reach for it, but eventually gave up. He retreated into the shadows of the woods, determined to return for the amulet at nightfall.

You sat there in silence wishing that this was just some weird horrible nightmare. But you knew it wasn't. It was far too real to be. A tear fell down your face as you struggled to push down the sadness. Instead you let it turn to anger like you did with all your negative emotions.

You got up and ran to the bridge. You punched the bottom of it repeatedly, screaming out curses and death threats. Stupid amulet! Stupid trolls! Stupid sacrifice! I'm gonna kill Devil Eyes! 

Your hands began to hurt, and you could tell your knuckles were starting to bleed. You were too mad to care.

TICK TICK TICK

The ticking had gotten so loud now it was painful. A voice cuts through the pain into your mind.

"(Y/n)..."

You froze at the familiar voice.

"(Y/n) Lake..."

"Kanjigar...?"

You were so confused. You couldn't be hearing his voice, right?

You moved forward feeling compelled by an unseen force to move towards his remains. The amulet glowed brighter the closer you approached, and the pain from the ticking lessened.

​​​"(Y/N) LAKE!"

The voice was getting louder and it hurt your head.

"This better not be some joke! It's not funny, Captain Courageous!" 

Tick Tick Tick

"(Y/N) LAKE!"

​​​​​​Your arms moved on their own accord, and your hands reached out to grab the amulet. Its glow turned blinding.

"(Y/N) LAKE!"

It shouted out loud this time making you drop the amulet in surprise. You took a breath to calm yourself down from the startle. 

Tick Tick Tick

You reached out and gently picked up the amulet from the ground. You examined the Strange writing around it's edges and it didn't look like any language you recognized. Must be troll... You thought back to Kanjigar's last words.

"Please, Merlin, let your amulet choose anyone other than my son."

"Hey Kanjigar...? If you're in there somehow, I'll keep my promise. I'll protect the amulet, until it chooses someone. And I hope that, whoever this Merlin is, he answers your prayer..."

The amulet glowed softly, and you held it to your chest for a moment.  You were satisfied with a normal, safe life. it was always Jim that wanted something more, some kind of adventure... So what kind of twist of fate is it that leads to you being thrown into that adventure instead?

Tick Tick Tick

_______________________________________

"Curse this infernal sunlight!" Shouted Blinky as rattled the grate of the sewer in which they hid behind.

Aaarrrgghh flinched and the noise, and looked away tears welling in his eyes.

The two had witnessed the last of the fight between you, Bular, and Kanjigar. Blinky had screamed to try and distract Bular, but the bridge was too far away for anyone to hear. They had to watch as Bular killed their best friend. Had to watch as he turned to stone, and smash into a thousand pieces. Aaarrrgghh couldn't watch anymore, but Blinky got a sense of grim satisfaction watching Bular try and fail to retrieve the amulet.

The two trolls didn't speak for a while, just sitting in that dark, damp, musty tunnel, wordlessly heartbroken.

"Why?" Blinky said in a horse whisper.

"Why Would Kanjigar not accept our assistance when we offered it earlier? Perhaps, if I had been more forceful in my-"

"No." Interrupted Aaarrrgghh with a grumble.

"Kanjigar wanted it this way."

"But...why...?"

The question vexed Blinky. He was totally, and utterly confused.

The two trolls flinched, and left the gate to hide in the shadows, once they heard your loud curses and threats as you beat on the bridge. He could see how your knuckles were starting to bleed from the effort. Did you even notice? The commotion drew Aaarrrgghh's attention from the ground.

"She's angry..."

"Angry Indeed. Quite so."

You were another question that vexed Blinky. The human that fought by their dear Kanjigar's side in his final hours. The human who mourned him when he died. The human who was so filled fury for his murder.

Who were you? How did you know Kanjigar? He certainly would have told us if he had a human friend, wouldn't he? And why had he refused their help, and yet taken this human into his last battle with him?

He just... Didn't understand.

Both of their eyes widened in disbelief as you approached the remains of their friend. The amulet was reacting to your presence.

"Great Gronka Morka." Blinky uttered in a hushed voice.

"You said it..." Aaarrrgghh whispered back.

The amulet called out for you. Blinky was too shocked to pay attention to the name it called you. When you left, the two once again approached the grate opening. His 6 eyes glowed in the dark, wide with disbelief.

"It chose...a human!"

A/n: hey guys hope you like this frst chapter. Please let me know your thoughts. A new chapter for this story should be out in a week. Stay tuned and thank your for all your support!