19. Late night training

"I was just about done with my work. Why don't you head down to the training room first?" Nat spoke using her normal tone.

You nodded and made your way to the training room. You can't see anything as none of the lights were on. There was no more scheduled training, and it was already evening. You struggled to find the light switch since you never noticed where they were when you used this room. You slid your hands on the wall to feel for the switches when the lights suddenly turned on.

You turned around to see Nat standing at the other side of the wall.

"Oh, I didn't know it was on that side." You also noticed that Nat has changed into suitable clothing for training. You noted how quickly she does things; didn't she have to clean up her paperwork too?

"So, what do you want to do?" Nat walked to the centre of the room.

"I was just thinking of a light spar to get my energy out."

"Ok." She moved her fingers, signalling you to start attacking first.

The both of you got into the fight. You were giving your all to reach the same level as her. Nat had more experience than you and she's stronger. You knew you had to be sneaky if you were going to have a chance against her.

You were trying all sorts of tactics against her, but she managed to counter them and land a couple of strikes on you.

"You're going to have to try a lot more to get me." Nat said while in a fighting stance, waiting for you to make a move.

You charged forward and make an attempt at a couple of swift jabs on her. One of them landed but you didn't manage your strength well and she fell to the ground.

"Sorry. Are you alright?" You took a couple of steps towards her. You stood there not knowing what to do since you have never comforted people before.

"Ouch. That hurt." Nat rubbing her shoulder.

"Sorry." You snapped your finger.

"What did you do?" Nat changed her tone.

"I-" Nat cut you off.

"You did something didn't you?" Nat got up from the floor.

You played with your fingers. "... I transferred your pain to me." You faced your back against her.

She turned your body back.

"You think I couldn't take it? Why did you do that?" You could see her visibly getting angry.

"It was my fault you got hurt. Besides, I didn't feel anything." Still not facing her, looking at the ground.

"How can you not feel anything?"

"This level of pain doesn't faze me."

Nat lifted your head, but you looked away from her.

"Look at me." Nat said sternly. "Don't do this again."

"I doesn't –"

"Don't do this again."

"Got it..."

She looked all over you making sure you're not hurt in any way.

"Can you drive me somewhere?" You said softly.

"This late? Where?"

"My old place."