2. Intern assistant

"We'll be having a new assistant intern with us today. She's supposed to help us with planning and meetings." Tony announced to the team.

"Why do we need an assistant?" Steve was unsure about Tony's decision.

"So that you free up time to go on missions or training. She has a trial period of 1 week only anyways." Tony said as he walked out of the room.

"He didn't say what time she's coming." Wanda realised.

"It's his style to miss out on telling information like this. That's why he needs an assistant." Nat spoke without expression while still facing her work. 

---

You got dressed appropriately before making an appearance at Avengers tower. The receptionist showed you to Tony who was in his lab.

"You're here." Tony stepped towards you. "Let me show you to everyone else. How old are you again?"

"I'm turning 25." This was the persona you were supposed to take when on this mission.

"Well, you're maintaining very well then." You sensed that Tony was flirting with you a bit.

You greeted everyone and maintained professionalism in order to show your competency as an intern assistant. You dare not stare at anyone for too long in case they figure you out.

The place you were positioned at is open space. In fact, everywhere was. Even if it was separated into rooms, a glass wall would be there. It could be a good or bad thing for you. You could see everybody's action at the same time they could see yours.

You start to get to work. Both proper and the mission. You were given a USB to try and download all the data you can get for a week. You try to plug it in and make a copy to the USB, but it wouldn't read it. You unplug it and try again a few more times, but it did not work.

Suddenly, Nat's voice came from behind. "Tony wants me to tell you that he is having a party for you tomorrow."

You immediately tried to hide the USB in your palm and turn to face her. "Oh, okay. Thanks."

"Did she see me? I need to tell them the USB is not working." Your thoughts ran through your head. You wanted to call them so that they can make changes and give you a new USB.

You proceeded with your job, at the same time looking around observing all the other members. You hardly see the rest, mostly only Steve and Nat. They stay in the office the majority of the time and you are unable to do anything more useful for the mission.

"I don't understand why they dispatched me on this mission. This absolutely sucks." Your head was filled with this thought the entire time and you can't believe this was only the first day.

The day finally came to an end, and you clock out of work. You head to your temporary placement and told them about the hiccup you had. They told you they'll pass you another USB, but they are unable to fix a timing because they don't know how strong Tony's encryption is.

You have no choice but to go to sleep, waiting for the next day to come.