4. Auria Wynters: Hogwarts Letter and Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

"Delia," Auria's father said, making her mother turn around.

"Good evening. Mr. and Mrs. Wynters, I presume? I am Minerva McGonagall, Headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Auria, this letter is for you. Would you read this aloud to your parents?"

Auria took the envelope from the Headmistress and turned it over. She ran a finger over the decorative seal before breaking it open and pulling out a letter.

"Dear Miss Auria Wynters,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minvera McGonagall

Headmistress," she read for the room to hear.

"Of course," the witch began again when Auria finished. "We don't expect an owl from you since I have come to speak with you personally."

"What sort of prank is this?" Auria's father demanded. "It isn't funny."

"You misunderstand, Mr. Wynters. This is no prank. Surely you have noticed strange things happening around your daughter? Why, just as I arrived, I witnessed her magical abilities myself. Auria is a witch, and I ask that you allow her to study at a wizarding school with others like herself. I know this may be hard for you to believe, but it is the truth. However, there is only so much I can disclose to you according to the laws of our world."

"So you're saying that Auria must go with you to this school?" Delia asked. "What about her school here?"

"No, Auria must be taken to King's Cross on September 1st. The train leaves at 11 o'clock, not a minute later. Her ticket is in the envelope. Someone will be there to meet you along with the other non-magical parents to make sure your child reaches Platform 9 3/4 safely. And there will no longer be a need for Auria to attend school here. Everything she will need to know will be taught at Hogwarts. She is no longer a part of the muggle world but is not a part of the magical world."

"I'm sorry, but I can't hand over my child to a complete stranger," Hector Wynters said.

"I understand. I ask that all three of you accompany me to Diagon Aelley tomorrow where we will pick up Auria's school supplies. You will be able to speak to some other parents while we are there as well. After seeing our world firsthand, then you can make your decision. But I strongly suggest you think of Auria's well-being. If she isn't taught to control her magic, there is no telling what could happen."

Minerva McGonagall bid the Wynters family farewell after they agreed to go shopping in Diagon Alley. They had much to discuss and much to consider. But Auria was not about to give in. She wanted desperately to go to wizarding school, and she wasn't going to stop begging until her parents agreed with her. But Delia and Hector were still unsure despite having told Auria that she could attend Hogwarts.

The next day, Auria and her parents found themselves walking up Diagon Alley alongside Professor Minvera McGonagall. "Let's start with your school books. Did you remember your equipment list?" Professor McGonagall asked.

Auria gulped. "Sorry! I forgot it at home."

"Never mind," McGonagall sighed. "I have it memorized anyway."

They walked into a store called Flourish and Blotts adn bought all of the books Auria would ned for school along wiht her cauldron and other important equipment. After that, they headed to Ollivander's Wand Shop to buy Auria a wand, the most important tool a witch or wizard could ever need.

"Greetings, greetings!" Ollivander chirped rushing to shake the hands of all four people.

Auria stared at the strange excited man in front of her. Although she couldn't deny she was excited to go to Hogwarts herself, she was struggling to come to grips with being a witch, and she wasn't used to all the magic.

"Try this one," Ollivander said beamingly and handed a straigt black wand to Auria.

She took the wand and flicked it about at Ollivander's instructiong. Suddenly a shelf of wands tipped over, sending the wand boxes pouring into the floor. Auria stared at the wand in her hand in horror. That was definitely not her intentions at all. She was hesitant to take the next wand from Ollivander, but her fear dissipated.

This wand, a pale yellow with a very simple black floral print around the handle, seemed to fit her hand perfectly. Wind swirled around her and the wand glowed. "This is the one," Auria told Ollivander.

"I agree," he told her. "How unusual that you would find your wand so quickly. It must have been eager to meet you, Miss Wynters. 10 1/4 inches, rosewood with a dragon heartstring core, slighly springy."

Professor McGonagall paid Ollivander for the wand like she had for Auria's other supplies using money that Auria's parents had exchanged at Gringotts Bank earlier.

They continued walking around Diagon Alley from shop to shop. At each stop, Auria's parents were introduced to other muggle parents whom they spoke with while the Headmistress took care of buying Auria's supplies.

The strangest part of it all was the uniform that Auria would wear to school. She couldn't help saying to the shop keeper that robes weren't for school, that you wore a robe when you got out of the bath.

Eventually, all that was left was a pet. Professor McGonagall asked Auria what kind of pet she would like to take with her to school, but she didn't really want a pet. In the end, Auria bought a light grey owl in order to keep in touch with her parents back home.

Professor McGonagall left them after reminding them about the train on September 1st. Auria's parents nodded their heads and agreed that Auria would be there. That was that then. Auria Wynters would be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and she would be a part of a magical world from now on. Everything was about to change.