"Yes." He immediately shifts his gaze back out the window.

"Bad example." Ira taps her foot against the floorboards impatiently. "Being Wrath is wonderful. It means everyone is terrified of me, and I don't feel guilt for killing mortals."

Sinful closes his eyes. "We get it..."

"Fine, don't kiss Cian if it wounds you so much," Ira sighs, pushing away from the couch to approach Lev instead, my heart rate reading up at their proximity. "But I'm not satisfied. Why don't you kiss the mortal boy, who looks at you like he'll get on his knees and beg for me to take his life over yours."

Lev's eyes dart to me, but only for the shortest moment, too busy looking at Ira, who examines him like she's going to eat him alive.

"He's just my friend," I declare, trying to sound casual and disinterested, wishing I could wear Hale's facade as easily as he does. Lev doesn't need to be dragged into this, not after Sinful quite literally did that to get him into this cabin in the first place.

"Then it shouldn't be an issue?" She shrugs, brushing at a wrinkle on Lev's shoulder, admiring the way he flinches in fright. As beautiful as Ira is, she's a terror to behold in her presence alone.

My jaw clenched together tightly. "All this for you to agree to work with us?"

She nods, her sly grin meeting her pretty, cornflower blue eyes that I'm growing to hate with each passing moment.

I sigh, realising with a painful tug of my chest that there's no possible way she's going to let us out of here agreeing to our terms without getting something out of us first. She may thinks me kissing Lev will somehow wound me, but he knows I'm mated to Cian, and despite everything that has transpired between us, surely he will know what it's for.

A single glance toward Cian seems he looks absolutely horrified by what he's witnessing, and yet in order to not establish a reason for Ira to target us collectively, he's thankfully backed off.

I can handle this.

Mustering a breath, I brush past Ira, nodding at Lev who looks at me warily. He doesn't move, however, as I lay the palms of my hands against his shoulders, feeling him trembling softly beneath my touch. We have only kissed once, and it was the last thing I wanted to do at the time. Now I'm being forced to in order to save this mission

His eyes flutter closed as I lean forward, pressing my lips against his. Ira giggles as I told it for a few moments, breathing in the familiar scent of my best friend, who allows me to do all the kissing, not moving his hands from the side of his body.

When I pull away, Ira pouts. "No passion, how boring."

"Got what you want?" I question, letting my hands drop down off Lev, who is now staring at me as if he can't quite believe what happened either.

"I'd still love to see you kiss Cian," Ira muses, turning back to her brother, whose gaze I now catch. There's a calm storm building behind his eyes, which I can't tell if it's directed toward Ira or Lev. "He looks like he could get over that selfish, pathetic whore Abella."

He turns his head slightly, eyes cold. "Ira."

"Come on, Amolet," Ira half begs. I know what she wants. She wants to prove we are mates, to mess with Cian's head, which she already tried doing by making me kiss Lev. "Entertain me."

"Amolet has a mate, Ira," Sinful says suddenly.

My head whips to him, but he looks away from me, smiling ruefully at Ira, whose mouth pops open curiously. I can't bring myself to look toward Cian, but I can feel the heat of his gaze on me, the pressure in the way it examines my face for answers. Ira slowly turns toward me, smiling sickly.

"Really? Who?"

"Some mortal from her hometown," Sinful says before I have a chance to fumble with a story, my mind unable to grasp what he's announced. "I took one look at her and could tell she had met her mate."

"Interesting," Ira drawls. "don't look so disappointed, Cian. I'll side with you all then, I suppose."

I glance at Cian, and he's now not looking at me, instead staring down at the floor. Does he feel it? Does he feel the bond between us, and now that Sinful has seemingly confirmed I'm mated to someone else, is trying to figure out why he feels that way for me?

I want to be sick. Maybe I should just rush up to him and tell him everything, that he is my right mate and that I'm willing to be with him and work past everything that has happened with Abella...Even if she does miraculously come back from the dead.

"Finally," Sinful groans, running his hand down his face. Secretly, I can tell he's enjoyed the entertainment.

Ira extends her palms, grinning to each of us in turn in a way that makes me wonder if it was worth siding with her in the first place. "What do I need to do?"

💚••💚

If you guys are interested in reading more content from HIS SIN, you can find it now on Radish over ten chapters ahead!! (:

🦋••🦋

Check out Alpha Isaiah now on Wattpad and Radish (:

🐼••🐼

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼