Eating The Fruit

Chapter 1:

              Another day of 9th grade, another day of torture.  God only knows, how much I hate that massive high school building.    Nothing is wrong with it, really.  I have friends and all, but it is just not where I wan't to be.  I feel like there is something that I should be doing.  Was there something that I needed to accomplish?  I was a big believer in fate and I felt like it was drawing me close to something.  I had no idea what that something was.  I usually go with the flow, fly with what life brings to me.  

                    My mom, Larissa Terrance, is a realistate business person or whatever you may call it.  I call it  "Never understanding anything but business".  She never seemed to understand feelings or emotions.  Mom always did what was right no matter what she felt inside.  That's why I felt my dad and her husband, Verrant Terrance, was there for.  He was a writer of many fictious novels and my favorite person to talk to.  Dad had a river of creations and emotions flowing from his veins, so he wrote them down.  When I was a little girl, he always told me stories of Georginia, the Witch of Olija.  Olija was a made up place that my dad created inside my head ever since I could say, "Dadda".  He planted a seed inside my head ,and it was my job to carry on the story.

                      I grew up wandering across the sand of the ocean playing with my imaginary friends and telling them what happenend in the world of Olija.  My family lived in a small house right by the ocean.  Dad said it gave him inspiration for writing more books.  My mom always fought with Dad for putting nonsense into my head.  She thought it was unpratical, "Ver, how is our daughter supposed to grow up when she can't face reality?"  And Dad always replied, "Sometimes it is easier to face reality by keeping fantasy by your side."   I never understood how two people that were so different could love each other so much without going insane.

                       Throughout elementary and junior high, I was branded the "Story Teller".   People teased me almost 24/7, but they found my stories amusing.  I was "friends" with most people, but only had 3 true friends.  There was Noah Wenster who always had a tendency to have a big mouth.  He didn't care what people thought of him and I thought he was pretty cool.  He had dark skin that matched his brown eyes and short-but-almost-not-even-there hair.  Noah was an optimist and that was him wrapped up in a nutshell.

                          Then there was Sarah King.  She had medium-length, blonde hair and blue eyes.  She was fairly pretty and smart.  Sarah and I met each other at a book club.  Figures that she and I had the same interest: writing and reading.  In every class, Sarah kept her head hidin within a story of romance or fantasy.  Most teachers got really pissed off because of that.  She mostly read my stories and thought that they were fasinating.  I also read her poems; she only wrote poems. 

                        Last but certainly not least in Sarah's eyes, there was Jace Kendricks.  I had no idea why he would hang out with us.  I met him in 6th grade and he was a amazing piano player.  Most kids didn't like him, of course, there was no reason for it.  He read me and Sarah's poems and composed music for them.  In 8th grade his looks came in and sluts were hanging all over him.  So most girls hated us because we could hang with Jace.  Over the summer Sarah and Jace started dating and being the "unstoppable" couple.  I barely saw  them anymore.  They were in love for the worse, it seemed like.

                              I had no idea what Noah had been up to.  He gained many admirers because of his bubbly personality and sort of left me the dust.  Where did I stand?    No one to really talk to except myself and my dad.  I'm sorry if you didn't know this, but when your almost 15 talking to Dad isn't as cool as when you were 10.    

                              So that morning, like usual, I got on my bicycle and road to Sea West High.  It was the 3rd largest high school in the area, which doesn't really say alot.  I lived in a small town,so...

                         Maybe, it was just in my head, you know, the mysteriousness.  The suspision that something was going to happen.  Maybe I was becoming the Witch or Olija or I just inherited story telling from my dad.   Whatever I felt, I blamed on my dad.   My life pretty much leaned on fate's disicions and soon enough fate's disicions would lean on me.  As I was pulling up to the school, putting my ipod away, my life completely changed.  That's when I first saw him.