-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴛɪᴏɴ]÷••)-

The boy regretted his decision almost as soon as he made the purchase. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he cared for Colette. Seeing her hurt... he couldn't imagine it. 

Would it be worth it though? 

He didn't have time to figure it out. The purchase had taken longer than he thought it would. He had missed his whole lunch break to buy the potion. 

He had used up the last of his Starr coins. The next paycheck wasn't coming until the end of the month. 

This better be worth it... he thought as he ran back towards the Gift Shop. His scarf pounded him on the head, urging him to go faster. 

"Leave me alone!" He yelled at the stupid cloth article. The scarf, stubborn like Edgar didn't oblige. It just kept hitting him on the head. Harder. And harder. And harder. And harder.. 

Finally, he arrived at his destination. The gift shop.

He walked in, a disheveled mess. Colette spotted him almost immediately, waving him over.

His heart skipped a beat. 

"Edgar, where were you? I asked if we could meet up for lunch." She pouted. 

Ah, right. He had forgotten he promised her that. The emo immediately felt bad.  

"Sorry, Colette." He answered. 

"It's alright! I just wondered where you were. Now, how about we stock the shelves before the costumers start coming in?" She asked. 

God, she was just perfect. 

"Um, sure." Edgar responded lost in thought. 

"Alright!" Colette walked over to where Edgar was standing and grabbed him by the hand. 

His stomach did a double backflip. 

"Yeah alright." He said. 

He couldn't do this to her. What was he thinking? He could never risk altering her. No matter how much he wanted her to love him. It wasn't worth it. 

"GUESS WHAT??!" Colette yelled, waking the emo from his thoughts. 

"Yeah?" He asked.

"WE GOT A NEW SHIPMENT OF SPIKE PLUSHIES TODAY! I CAN'T WAIT TO OPEN THEM!" She happily shouted. 

"I don't care." Edgar responded. He did care though. He wanted her to have that reaction if she opened a box of Edgar plushies. Not that reaction over a stupid cactus. A cactus for crying out loud?! Edgar had nothing against Spike. He just wished Colette loved him instead. 

Maybe just a sip of the potion... 

NO. He couldn't think like that. He wasn't going to let a cactus fill him with rage. It was just a silly cactus after all. 

"Awww.. why not?" Colette asked, sadness lining her voice. 

"Because. I don't care." 

"Why do you have to be so negative all the time?" She said, her voice full of emotion. 

"Why can't you just be happy?" She proceeded after Edgar didn't answer. 

"Not in my nature." The emo sarcastically replied.

"Well, I would try it. Come here!" She immediately perked up.

"Where are we going? Don't we have to stock the shel-" She cut him off.

"Silly Edgar, always worrying! This will only take a minute. Now come on over!" She sang. 

Edgar had no clue what he was going to get himself into.