𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

"Oh." I nodded. "I don't think I know you, then."

"I was hoping that," She laughed softly, followed by a sniffle. "Are you ready to talk? Because it's kind of a lot.."

"Sure, go ahead."

"..I was kind of in love with my best friend for a while. Like, a year. It all changed once I found someone that was interested in me. I had um, called my best friend a few days ago and I thought I hung up but I didn't. She didn't hang up either."

"What's so bad about that?" I asked.

"I tried to hang up because my girlfriend was about to...you know..."

"I don't know, I'm sorry,"

"She was about to go down on me. Whatever. She did. My best friend stayed on the phone, muted herself, and used her other phone to record the entire thing and sent it to this girl who has the biggest mouth ever and of course, every sophomore has seen the video."

"Well then, that's not your best friend. Your best friend wouldn't do anything to hurt you purposely."

"I just—I hate her! She's been so weird lately, I just..I don't even recognize her anymore."

"Have you talked to her at all since it happened?"

"No. I haven't been in a class at all today. I already know my mom is going to be heated when I go home today and she finds out I haven't been to any classes."

"Go to guidance—"

"And why would I do that? So they can tell me it'll all get better? No,"

"The guidance counselor is great, though! I went through a hard time once.."

Still am, but whatever.

"And she was really there for me. She talked me through things, gave me pamphlets, did everything she could in the short amount of time she had with me. You just have to talk. She's very understanding."

"What did you go through that was so bad?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Exactly, nothing."

"Have you ever had to throw up every single thing you've ate in a day because you felt fat? Or because your mother constantly put you down for your weight so when you did eat, it was barely anything?"

"...no,"

"Okay, then. I'm not downplaying your situation, but I'm showing you that if she took her time to try and help me with that then I guarantee she will take her time with you."

"What do you mean try?"

"I mean she did her hardest but some things you can't fix. She could help you though, there's no doubt in my mind about that. You have to be willing to get help, though."

"I don't need to get help. I don't have a problem. Im not you. I'm fine."

I'm not you.