"What the fuck did you do. It's only been 20 minutes Nora and you've already hurt yourself." An all too familiar voice said. I didn't even have to look up to know he was looking down at me. My face turned deep red as all my old feelings came back.

"Hi Joel." I said whipping my head up. I made eye contact with him and my chest felt tight. He stood there with Joonas and another unfamiliar boy.

"Alright gang, there's a pizza shop nearby that has huge slices. I was thinking we should go there for dinner." Mr. Hokka said standing up from his seat on the couch. We all mumbled in agreement and I put my shoes one.

Since there were nine of us we figured we would take two different cars. I went with my mom and my brother, following behind the Hokka's and company. We eventually made it to the pizza place and I ordered one slice of meat lovers. I took a seat next to my brother and next to him was the shorter boy I didn't know. Across from me was Joonas and then the tall boy who's name I also didn't know. That left Joel at the end.

"Boys, you should introduce yourself to Nora here. I mean you all are around her age." Mr. Hokka said to the boys. The three adults took a seat at another table right near ours.

"It's Rory." I mumbled just loud enough for Joonas to look up. He quickly went back to eating. The way he ate reminded me of Ralphie's little brother in The Christmas Story. His face was in inch away from the plate and someone would think he hasn't eaten like ever.

"I'm Olli and I'm 15." the boy next to my brother spoke up. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"I'm Joonas." he said still shovelling the food inside his mouth. If I didn't already know his name I wouldn't have been able to tell you what he just said.

"I'm Tommi." the tall one smiled at me before neatly cutting into his slice of pizza. He seemed sweet and I have a feeling that I'm going to get along with him.

"You know me. I'm Joel." Joel said not even looking up from his plate. I nodded and went back to my slice. Looking up for a second, I made eye contact with Tommi. He was already looking at me and it made me blush.

"Guys. The adults are going to go grocery shopping. Joel you're in charge of driving everyone home. Nora, if Joel does any funny business you tell me." Mr. Hokka informed to us pointing at each one he addressed.

After we finished our meals, I got in the seat behind the drivers and just stared out the window. The boys were all talking about random stuff and pointing at cool cars they liked. I noticed Tommi being relatively quiet, I wonder how he gets along with the hyperactive tornado named Joel Hokka. They probably balance each other out.

We made it back to the house, unharmed thankfully, and after a while the parents finally came back. We helped them unload the car and Joel's dad gave us the lovely responsibility of putting it all away as well.

"Where does this go?" Joonas said holding lunch meat. That was about the hundredth time I had been asked that and it was getting kind of annoying. I grabbed the package from him and placed the meat inside of the deli drawer.

"Nora, where does thi-" Joonas started. I angrily grabbed the item of food out of his hands, this time it was a head of cabbage, and interrupted him.

"You know what. Just let me do this. And for the record, I go by Rory not Nora so please don't call me that." I said crossing my arms and staring at them. They all lifted their hands up in surrender and watched me finish. After everything was put away as I felt it should I sat on the couch and turned on the television.

"Rory, it's kind of funny, you're like the mom of the group." Tommi said to me sitting down next to me. I don't know what it was about him but I really liked him.

"Well I mean, I have to back at home so it's like second nature to do it here." I responded clicking through the channels. I settled on Boomerang and just watched old reruns of The Jetsons with Tommi sitting next to me. Joel and his friends ran off to do whatever so it was just the two of us while the adults were outside drinking.

"I'm going to go up to bed." I said after two hours. My eyes started to feel heavy and I trudged my way up the stairs. Settling into bed, I couldn't stop thinking about that tall boy. He was cute. And even though I've had a crush on Joel since 9 years old, I think maybe this new guy has more to offer. Time will tell.

"God this is going to be a long month." I muttered to myself before dozing into a dreamless sleep.

HEY BESTIES SO I DECIDED TO WRITE THIS.

um gotta say tho, this is HEAVILY inspired by my vacation this year but i love it so much. so yeah i hope y'all enjoy this

love you all and have a great day <3 (<4)

P.S. DONT JUDGE ME IF I MESS UP ANY 2012 REFERENCES I WAS LITERALLY 7 AND ONLY REMEMBER BEING BULLIED BY MY OLD FRIEND BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF THE YOUNGEST IN THE CLASS AND TURNED 7 DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR 😐😐